fifteen; the unwanted

It was a short car ride. The two listened to music singing along, and laughed when they'd try to hit the high notes and fail.

The cinema wasn't as packed as they were expecting. But as Jane expected, she saw a fair amount of people from school, although none of them were exactly who she'd call her friends. More like acquaintances.

"One large popcorn, medium Orange Fanta, and a large Sprite." Jane told the cashier girl named Jenna her order who had such a bright smile on her face. It made Jane wonder if Jenna's face hurt from smiling that much.

Scott bought the tickets while Jane was in charge of buying the food.

"Here you go. Have a great time!" Jenna placed the food Jane bought in front of her as she politely smiled back, saying thank you.

Somehow, Jane was able to carry the two drinks and the popcorn. She went to find Scott, who she quickly spotted as he was talking to a girl.

It was her, the girl Scott liked who Jane wanted to hate but couldn't.

Just in time, she turned away as Scott did the same but at the opposite direction.

Scott had such a wide smile on his face as he walked towards Jane.

"I asked her out and she said yes!" Scott exclaimed as Jane smiled.

The smile was fake and genuine.

Fake, for the reason being that he likes another girl.

Genuine, because he was happy and it made her happy somehow. Despite the pain and disappointment.

-

I UPDATED AFTER 42849273 YEARS. To anyone reading this, thank you for actually remembering this story.

Also, this story is ranked 828 which is very low but the fact that it has a ranking is great! So, thank you!