sixteen; the year later

Average was what Jane would describe herself.

She was never able to see what made her extraordinary from other people.

She wasn't popular, nor was she talented. She was far from being special.

Today is the first day of senior year. Months have passed and it was quite eventful but pleasant.

She grew as a person, she gained a few good traits from people she met along the way.

Within the months Nina had grown close to her boyfriend, the one who once took her to the carnival. Also, Scott is now in a relationship.

As much as Jane wanted to be with him, he ended up with her.

Kathryn Jones.

After the many, many days that have passed, she had finally accepted that the two of them weren't meant to be and moved on.

A month after Scott had asked Kathryn to be his girlfriend, she had started to hang out with the trio. Surprisingly, Jane and her got along really well and are now good friends.

Kathryn was the total opposite if Jane, but she, along with Nina, were the sole reason she gained confidence and became more outgoing. They influenced Jane in the best way possible.

Things may not have gone as planned, but this was better.

Jane felt extraordinary with the people she surrounded herself with.

It didn't matter if she still wasn't as popular or as talented.

What she knows now is that she should just continue what she does best, and be proud of that.

If she's enjoying life as how it is, what's the matter what others think?

Scott and Jane are still as close as ever, she gained a friend, her friendship with Nina is still going strong, and Jane was contented with that.