Chapter 12

5 days later

Laxus stared down at you with a frown, the colour was back to your skin, your magical energy was restored but you still hadn't woken up. Polyusica was getting impatient with Laxus, you, she didn't mind after all, you couldn't talk in your state, but Laxus had been ranting for days.

He felt completely, totally and utterly guilty. He knew that if he tried harder he could've gotten there sooner, that none of this would've had to happen. Lahar had been trying to contact him via Lacrima the last day. It was constantly glowing and ringing, another thing that was annoying the ever impatient Polyusica.

Currently, Laxus was beside your bed, tapping his foot against the floor in an endless rhythm. Polyuscia was behind him, trying to organise her herbs, but with every tap, her patients grew thinner and thinner. She understood he was in emotional turmoil, but this was her house and she her own rules.

Then, the Lacrima started to ring again, "THAT'S IT!" Polyusica shouted, turning on her heels she marched up to Laxus, picking up the Lacrima on her way over to him. Before Laxus could react she grabbed him but the ear and started dragging him out of her house.

"Ow, ow, ow," Laxus complained, "what the-"

"-Talk to the goddam council man and stay out of my house!" Polyusica interrupted as she answered the Lacrima and threw it at Laxus, slamming the door shut when he caught it.

Polyusica let out a sigh of relief at the silence that followed the slamming of the door and walked to your bed side when she saw your fidgeting, "I might have a soft spot for ill people but right now you're turning into a nuisance." There was nothing more Polyuscia could do but check your vitals and makes sure you were stable. She had to admit she was an admirer of yours, not for the magic but for the way you almost seemed to ignore the kingdom of Fiore.

Polyusica checks your vitals one more time before returning to her previous task, praying that you would wake up soon so that you could leave and get Laxus out of her hair. She had never seen the boy care for anyone so much before.

***

Your heart was racing. You couldn't open your eyes, darkness seemed to surround you. You couldn't move your fingers or toes. All you could so was breathe, in and out. You had no idea how long you were trying to move for. You couldn't see anything, every so often you could hear mummers, voices and sounds. You couldn't make out what they were saying but you knew something was happening.

Of course, you weren't stupid. You remembered the weird laughing man drugging you unconscious, but you just knew this wasn't death. Besides you still had so much to do, you were so young and you wouldn't go down because someone tried to kill you.

"-stay out of my house!" A voice echoed through the silence and darkness. As if on cue, a light broke through the darkness, and you could've sworn you saw a hand. You reached towards the light, squinting at the sheer brightness of it before you had to close your eyes completely as the light embraced you with open arms.

Sitting up in your bed, your gasped loudly, startling the Polyusica who had her back to you. She dropped the vial in her hand and turned to you with a scowl, only for her eyes to widen when she saw you were awake.

"Oh," she huffed, "you're awake."

You returned the kindness she gave you and narrowed your eyes at the unknown women, "who are you?"

"Polyusica," she replied, "Laxus bought you here for me to take care of you after your ordeal." You nodded your head in understanding and looked around the room, trying to see if there was anyone else here. "You're the only one here. People don't like me so they avoid me, they only come here if they're very ill."