Epilogue

BANG

BANG

BANG

The sound was unrelenting, it woke you from your blissful dream and now it wouldn't stop. You had no idea what it was, only that it was loud enough to echo through the whole house. You groaned and shuffled closer to the warmth that was Laxus.

Laxus was perfectly still under you, you wondered how he hadn't woken up, his breathing calm and steady, "Laxus," you grumble into his skin, "what's that noise?"

Laxus' thick arm was draped around your waist, resting on your hip, the sheer weight was holding you down, and was enough to stop you from investigating. That and you were tired after last nights...activities. Laxus' arm tightened around you, and the limited movement you did have, turned to none.

"I don't know," he grumbled back after so long, the sound of your voice waking him up.

You wiggled under his arm, waking both you and him up more, "shouldn't you go and check?"

"It will go away," he reasoned, turning on his side and locking both arms around you. You sighed, in content and irritation. You couldn't stay here if that noise continued to disturb the peace. So you continued to wiggle, or attempt to. "Stop moving and go back to sleep!"

"No," you argued, "let me go so that I can go and find out what that noise is!"

"Someone is at the door," Laxus answered, still not opening his eyes, "besides," he opens one eye and glances down with a smirk, "you are not going to go and answer the door like that." Your face flushed red, as you hide your face in his chest.

"But it's not stopping," you complained into his chest.

Laxus groaned and suddenly you were thrown backwards and bounced on the bed. You clutched the sheets tightly as the warmth that was Laxus left the bed and searched around the room for his trousers.

He quickly pulled them on and stormed out of the bedroom, slamming the door shut behind him as he marched towards the sound. Whoever they were, they were going to feel his wrath. Laxus slammed open the front door and came face to face with a fist frozen midair. Behind that fist was none other than the Thunder Legion, looking everywhere but him.

"WHAT!" He shouted at them.

"Laxus," Freed coughed, clearing this throat, "we were wondering if you were alright after you disappeared last night."

Laxus scoffed, "yeah right. Now what did you really want?"

"Where's (Y/N)?" Evergreen butted in, concerned about her new friend. She had always wanted another girl in the Thunder Legion. It was why they were all here, and if someone knew where she was, Laxus would.

Laxus smirked, "why?"

Bickslow, chuckled, the only one of the three that could really see past the smirk, "I bet I can guess!"

"I can guess, I can guess," his 'babies' repeated.

Laxus' smirked stayed put, "you don't know shit. But she's fine. I promise," Laxus couldn't help that dreamy look that came over his features at the thought of going back to bed and knowing that you will be there. "What did you think happened?"

"We don't know. We thought she may have left," Freed answered, his too innocent mind unable to comprehend what now both Bickslow and Evergreen knew.

Laxus shook his head, "she's fine, safe and still in Magnolia."

"And in your bed," Bickslow muttered under his breath, but Laxus still caught what he said and narrowed his eyes at his friend. Bickslow quickly shut his mouth, having got the message as to what the glare meant. With nothing more to say Laxus slammed the door in their face and went back upstairs. You were sound asleep but Laxus decided there was one other way he would want to spend the day before he headed to the guild. Stripping, Laxus carried on from last night.

***

Laxus lent back, content with his headphones in, blocking out all sounds of the guild. Mirajane passed him drinks every so often without having to ask what he wanted. Just like his grandfather Laxus never liked having an empty cup.

You were watching Natsu struggle against the cloud he found himself in, rolling against the ceiling in an attempt to get back down. Your hands were on your hips, as you stood in the middle of the guild. Natsu's flames were engulfed by the clouds, so the guild, much to Makarovs joy, remained unharmed.

"Natsu," you sigh, "aren't you ever going to give up?"

"NEVER!" Natsu shouts back. You roll your eyes as something soft lands on your shoulder. You tilt your head slightly to see Happy eating a fish.

Happy sighs, "poor Natsu never knows when to give up," Happy eats the rest of his fish before flying up to help his friend. You sighed again, walking back to your table and sitting next to Laxus. Laxus opened an eye and looked down at you.

"What's up?" He asks, his voice barely a whisper above the loud chatter in the guild. Without saying anything, you look up at the ceiling to Natsu. His eyes following yours, Laxus rolls his eyes at the fire dragon slayer. Grumbling under his breath at how stupid the Pyro was, Laxus tried to ignore him. Laxus knew you could handle yourself, after all.

You finally managed to tell him what happened about Lin. But that didn't mean he wanted you to fight, the idea of you getting hurt made his skin crawl and his anger reach new peaks, even for him. And Natsu was the King of hurting people, even if it was by accident.

Eventually, Natsu did break free of the soft, floating prison and charged towards you again, "FIGHT ME-"

But a lightning bolt to the face, curtesy of Laxus that is, knocked him backwards, "stay away from my girlfriend." Laxus stared down Natsu, his eyes holding a raged look that shook Natsu that same way Erza's stare did. Natsu nodded and hid behind Lucy.

It was then the guild realize what Laxus announced, hell, you did. It was never really confirmed, aside from your declarations of Love. You blushed and the guild burst into a loud cheer, Makarov being the loudest.

"LETS PARTY TO CELEBRATE LAXUS AND (Y/N) GETTING TOGETHER!" Makarov announced, throwing the guild into a frenzy. You watched with a smile at the energy the guild always seemed to have. You loved the guild, you were family for it. Suddenly, hands grasped your waist and pulled you onto a warm lap. You squeaked and looked up, to see Laxus gazing down at you smirking.

You huff in annoyance that he caught you by surprise, "what?"

Laxus leaned down and feather kissed your lips, "I love you," he whispered in your ear.

You smiled and placed a wet kiss on his cheek, "I love you too, Sparky." It was then you realized the guild was silent and watched the two of you with great interest. Makarov turned to tears and a blubbering mess.

"I WANT GREAT GRANDCHILDREN!" He announced, and the guild broke into laughter and continued their party. You lent back into Laxus' chest and wondered where you would be without him, but at the same time, you didn't need to wonder, you already knew you were home.