Chapter 13

*Ellie's POV [Day of the Date]*

    I paced around my room nervously, not knowing what to do. The date with Max was today. He told me to just wear everyday clothes, him not being the fancy type. I actually appreciate it more than I thought I would. I don't think I could manage looking fancy tonight, I'd probably have a nervous breakdown.

    He hasn't told me where we're going, deciding to be really cliché. We decided to go during the day just so we could spend more time together. I know for a fact we're going to go see a movie.

    I just threw on a dark teal tank top, ripped, faded skinny jeans and dark teal high-top converse. Comfortable and casual.

    Shadow jumped around me, begging for food as I put on my makeup. I sighed and put it down, going to feed my hyper lab. I popped the can open and poured it in his food bowl as I checked the time. 3:34. Crap! Max was going to be here at 3:45 to pick me up.

    I ran upstairs and finished putting on my light makeup, just as the doorbell rang. I checked my appearance once more before running out of the bathroom and to my front door. I opened it to reveal Max standing there with a red beanie on his head and his hands in his pockets. His Z necklace was visible as it was on the front of his chest.

    "Hey!" I said. He smiled at me and held out a hand.

    "Hey! You look great, ready to go?"

    "Thanks, you too. And yep, I'm ready." I grabbed his outstretched hand and he pulled me outside to his car. We hopped in and he backed out of the apartment's front parking area. "Where are we going?" I questioned him. He smirked and glanced over at me, taking my hand again before looking back at the road.

    "How do you do with horror movies?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

    We saw 'The Shallows'. We're currently walking out of the theater, Max clutching onto my hand while trying to act like nothing was wrong. In all honesty, he was shaking.

   "Oh, it wasn't that bad, you big baby!" I swatted his arm and he pouted, burying his head in my shoulder.

    "I don't do good with horror movies..." he admitted sadly. I let out a bark of laugher as we kept walking back to his car.

    "Well obviously! If you knew you'd do bad, why'd you plan for us to go and see it in the first place?" I asked him, settling in my seat. He buckled himself in and grabbed for my hand again, resting our hands on the gear shift.

    "I wanted to look strong. That's why I planned for us to see it in the afternoon. How are you not freaking out, anyways!?" he asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.

    "I've never really been scared by horror movies or games." He sighed and ran a hand down his face and looked at me.

    "Seriously? And you couldn't have told me that?"

    "Nope!"

    We drove for a few more miles before he pulled up to my apartment building. I smiled at him and started to get out of the car. His hand grabbed my arm and pulled me back in. He leaned over and kissed my cheek, blushing furiously once he pulled back. I chuckled and kissed his cheek back.

    "Thank you, Max. I had a really nice time tonight."

    "Me too. Can we do it again?"

    "Of course."