Chapter 21

*Ellie's POV*

       "I think that's the last of it," I huffed, brushing my hands on my jeans as I sat on the floor,  finishing packing up the box I had been filling with picture frames and photo albums. Max nodded and grabbed the box by the handles, lifting it to take it to the moving truck.

       "Okay, I'm done!" Ross yelled as he carried KP's kitty carrier and a small bag on his shoulder. "Where's Max?" he asked me.

       "Taking the last few boxes out to the truck. Is Tim done packing?" I asked him. He nodded and set down the kitty carrier, looking around the empty apartment.

       "This is crazy. I can't believe that we're moving," he said. "There have been so many good memories here, it's going to be hard to leave this place."

       "It's not the place that makes the memories, it's the people," I pointed out. He laughed and nodded. "Now, help me up, Sir butt knight!" I exclaimed, holding my hands out for him to help me up. He walked over towards me, grabbing my hands and pulling me up, just as Tim walked in.

       "Ooh, what's going on here?! MAX!" he jokingly yelled. I rolled my eyes as Ross whacked Tim with the bag over his shoulder.

       "Oh shut up, I was helping her get up," Ross groaned. Tim just laughed, looking around the apartment as well.

       "I'm going to miss it here," he sighed. I nodded in agreement as well all stood in the empty living room. "Then again, this is for the best. We need this. If we don't, we won't be able to expand," he pointed out.

        "Exactly!" Max exclaimed as he came back in, standing beside me and throwing his arm over my shoulders. "So why are we just standing here?! Let's go, let's start our new lives!" he said excitedly. We all nodded in agreement and followed him out the door and to the car.

*30 Minutes Later* 

       "Are we there yet?"

       "No."

       "Are we there yet?"

       "No Ross, shut up."

       "Okay."

       "..."

       "Are we there yet?"

       "GOSH DANG IT ROSS, SHUT UP!" Max yells, laughing as he tried to concentrate on driving. I laughed as well as Ross pouted, crossing his arms.

       "I was just wondering, jeez."

       "You've been 'just wondering' for the past ten minutes. We'll get there when we get there," Tim says from beside Ross, pulling one of his earphones out of his ears. Ross huffed and plugged his own headphones in, leaving the car in silence.

       "Hey, guess what?" I whispered, leaning over to Max. He grinned and looked at me from the corner of his eye.

       "What?" he asked, taking one hand off the wheel to grab mine.

       "Are we there yet?" I said, leaning over towards his ear. He groaned and smacked my arm, putting his hand back on the wheel.

       "I don't like you," he pouted. I laughed and kissed his cheek, his beard tickling my cheek.

       "Thanks."

*At New House*

       "Whoa!" Ross and Tim said in unison, standing in awe of the large house. I walked up beside them and nudged Ross in the ribs.

       "Now you really are a house owner," I teased. He shot a glare at me.

       "I'm not your pal," he said, making me laugh.

       "Y'all are weird. Let's go inside," Max said, grabbing my hand and tugging me inside.

       The house was beautiful. The living room was extremely open, with large glass windows covering most of one wall. There was a patio going out one of the doors in the living room. It had a long spiral staircase in the living room leading upstairs to where all the rooms are.

       Max's office was pretty small, but it would be perfect for him. His office was right across from Ross' and Tim's was down the hall, near his bedroom. I had my own room right next to Max's, and Ross' was down the hall from Max and I.

       I started unpacking the few boxes I had into my room, blowing up the air mattress I would be sleeping on until we had the chance to go get bedframes. My room had purple walls and white carpet, with a window going out the wall facing the lake that was outside of the patio.

       "Like it?" Max asked from his position of leaning against my doorframe. I jumped hearing his voice, not realizing he was in here. I turned to face him and laughed.

       "You scared me. And yes, I do. It's awesome," I said. He chuckled and came and sat down on my air mattress as I continued unpacking.

       "Who even says awesome nowadays?" he asked. I stuck my tongue out at him.

       "I do, suck it," I grinned. He rolled his eyes, muttering 'immature.'

       "Do you regret it?" he asked after a few moments of silence. I raised my eyebrow at him.

       "Regret what?"

       "Moving here. With me. Like, do you wish you had stayed with Adam and Alesa?" he asked. I thought about it for a while.

       "I'm going to miss them...but..." I started crawling over near him, sitting next to him on the mattress, "I would miss you more."

       "Good," he said, leaning over and capturing my lips with his.