Chapter Two

Author's Note: I know I said that I would make the first two chapters about Kya's life in S.H.I.E.L.D. but I changed my mind and decided to follow one of my reviews on Fanfiction.Net and go straight into Age of Ultron with flashbacks from previous movies.

And I was watching Age of Ultron while I was writing this so that should have inspired me somewhat, right ;)?

Without further ado.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Flashback-

Kya took a deep breath as she zipped up her suit. It was a similar version of Nat's, but the material was slightly different. It was designed to absorb the water, but the water in her suit was only for a last resort only. 

She was sixteen years old, and it was her first mission. It was just a simple escort mission, but that didn't stop her from being nervous.

A hand on her shoulder brought her out of her thoughts. Kya looked up and saw Natasha.

The red head smiled comfortingly at the girl that she's has been training for six years. "You'll be fine, ребенок паук."

Kya smiled uneasily. "I know,  Мамочка паук."

Natasha smiled at the nickname. They started calling each other those nicknames a few months after Kya started learning Russian when she was twelve. ребенок паук meant Baby Spider and Мамочка паук meant Mama Spider.

Fury's voice on the intercom brought the waterbender and her surrogate mother back to reality. "Agent Romanoff, report to Air Hanger for take off."

Natasha smiled and pulled Kya into a hug. "I'll see you when you get back."

Since Kya Milani didn't exist in any official records and since she was still a minor, S.H.I.E.l.D. had to create a different identity for her. Officially, her name was Kya Romanoff, per Natasha's request.

Turning around and taking another deep breath, Kya left for her first mission.

-End of Flashback-

The silver-haired waterbender shot out of her memories and used a water whip to fling an enemy soldier away from the jeep Natasha was driving and the back that she and Clint were occupying. This was the last Hydra Base, and with luck, the place that was holding Loki's scepter.

Clint, noticing that Kya was slightly distracted, looked at his surrogate daughter out of the corner of his eye. "You okay there Tsunami?" (Author's Note: What do you guys think of Kya's Hero name?)

Kya shot an icicle at a soldier that was tailing Cap's motorcycle. "Yeah, I'm okay."

Looking at her surrogate father, she spotted a soldier aiming at Clint over his shoulder. Quickly created a bow and arrow out of ice - something she and Clint perfected when she was around nineteen years old - she drew back using the moisture in the air and fired. Clint turned around just in time to see it hit the solider dead in the chest.

"That's my girl!"

Kya smiled. Moments later, Natasha's voice cut across the gunshots and shouts. "Get ready!"

Kya looked up and saw the barricade coming up. Quickly closing her waterskin, Kya braced herself and jumped when the car hit the barricade. Falling into a graceful role, Kya quickly stood up and created a wave and used it to force the soldiers away. Seeing more coming, she created octopus arms and used them the fling soldiers away and took their weapons.