Chapter Five

Author's Note: Oh my god guys! Thank you for the 1,524 reads!

I feel so special 😊💜😊💜.

Without further ado.

"But it's a trick!"

Kya rolled her eyes and smiled. Clint, who seemed to be partially drunk, was doubting the whole 'He who be worthy shall lift the hammer' thing. It's been a while since the party started dying down, and only Kya, Maria, James, and a sleeping Dr. Cho remained.

Thor seemed nonchalant as he sipped his beer. "No no, it's much more than that."

Clint scoffed, and his voice dropped a few octaves. "Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power..... Whatever man! It's a trick!"

A sly grin spread across Thor' face, and he used his hand to indicate to Mjölnir. "Please, be my guest."

Kya smirked as she looked at her surrogate father... who looked surprised.

"Really?"

The waterbender bit her lip as Clint got up and walked around the table before gripping Mjölnir's handle. In the back ground, she heard Rhodey snicker. "This is going to be beautiful."

Kya shook her head fondly. "Papa Bird, you've had a tough week. And just so you know..... we won't hold it against you if you can't get up."

Clint laughed and wrinkled his nose in her direction speaking to Thor. "Y'know I've seen this before right?"

Kya was supposed to go with Clint to New Mexico when Mjölnir first crashed to Earth. But there was an emergency on the Islands and Nick let her go there instead of New Mexico.

Clint tried - and failed - to lift the hammer. "I still don't know how you do it!"

Bright blue eyes looked at Tony as he smirked. "Smell the silent Judgement?"

The Archer raised an eyebrow and indicated to the Asguardian Hammer. "Please Stark, by all means."

Tony stood up with a whole lot of swagger, unbuttoning his jacket as he sauntered toward Mjölnir. "Never one to shrink from an honest challenge."

Kya leaned against Maria and smirked. "Exhibit A being every one night stand you've had up until you and Pepper finally got together."

The billionaire gasped and slapped a hand to his chest in mock hurt. "Moonie I thought you loved me!!!!!!!"

The waterbender giggled as Maria wrapped an arm around her surrogate niece's shoulder. "I do. Remember when I sent that expensive wine from Venice?"

Tony chuckled and wrapped his hand around Mjölnir's handle. "Yes I do....... Pepper and I enjoyed it a lot by the way."

"I'll send you the address of the vineyard."

"Thank you. Anyway..... It's just plain physics. Right so, if I lift it, I then get to rule Asgard?"

Thor chuckled. "Yes of course."

Tony cracked his neck. "I will be re-instituting Prima Nocta."

But of course, when Tony tried to use said method, the hammer didn't move a centimeter.

Eveyone giggled into their drinks - or in Kya's case Maria's shoulder - and Tony let go of Mjölnir.

"I'll be right back."

Moments later, he came back with a glove from his Iron Man suit. Unfortunately, even with the thrusters booming, the hammer didn't move. The loyal hammer didn't even move when Rhodey put on his War Machine glove and - tried - to help Tony lift the hammer.