Chapter eleven

Author's Note: Guys.... this is it.

This is the last chapter before the epilogue....

I want to thank all of the reviewers that have been with me since beginning. You guys have made me laugh with what you've had to say about Silver Waters and inspired me to turn this fic into what it is today. It really wouldn't be the same without all the love from you guys 😙😙😙.

And now...

Onward!!!!

No one moved, Kya doubted that anyone was actually breathing. The red and green figure looked around before locking on Thor. Before anyone could react, it launched itself at the thunder god.

Thor grunted as he threw the figure off him through one of the lab windows. It free flew through the air before coming at an abrupt halt in front of a window that stared out at New York. While the figure stared out at the city, almost in a hypnotized matter, Kya wormed her way out of Pietro's arms before following the Avengers out of the lab and into the living area, the Maximoffs following her close behind.

After staring at the city skyline for a moment longer, the figure changed. It- he was suddenly wearing clothes. He turned to face the Avengers before flying in their direction. When he landed, a golden cape appeared at his shoulders.

He had a slightly confused look on his face as he looked at Thor. "I'm sorry, that was odd, thank you."

Steve stepped forward cautiously. "Thor, you helped create this?"

The Prince of Asgard pointed toward the figure's head. "I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life, and at its center... that."

"What? The gem?"

Thor turned to Bruce. "It's the Mind Stone. One of the six Infinity Stones. The greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

Kya didn't understand. "Then why bring it-"

"Because Stark is right."

Bruce grimaced. "Oh, it's definitely the end times."

While Tony glared at his science partner, Thor turned to Steve. "The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron."

The figure spoke from next to him. "Not alone."

The waterbender's eyebrows furrowed and she took a few steps forward, slightly ignoring the fact that Pietro followed close behind. "Why does your 'vision' sound like Jarvis?"

"We reconfigured Jarvis' matrix to create something new."

Kya pursed her lips as she looked from Tony back to 'Vision'. "I think we've all had our fill of new.'

'Vision' looked at her curiously. "You think I'm a child of Ultron?"

Steve stepped forward protectively, eyes hard. "You're not?"

The same confused expression from earlier came back. Only this time, it was mixed with pain. "I'm not Ultron. I'm not Jarvis. I am..... I am."

Wanda looked at 'Vision' curiously, and Kya suddenly found herself and Pietro standing closer than they originally were before. The silver-haired woman looked at the speedster curiously, but he wouldn't meet her gaze

"I looked in your head, and saw annihilation."

"Look again."

Clint's voice was hostile as he walked closer. "Yeah, her seal of approval means jack to me."

"Their powers. The horrors in our heads. Ultron himself. They all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side-"