Epilogue

Kya woke up with a start. She darted up, and a gentle hand met her shoulder.

"Easy ребенок паук."

The waterbender looked to see Natasha sitting next to her bed. She didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around her surrogate mother. And as Kya took shaky breaths, the red head ran a hand up and down her back soothingly. "It's okay Kya, it's over."

As the silver haired woman lightly buried her face in Natasha's shoulder, memories rushed through her head at the speed of light. Fighting robots. Sokovia flying. Bucky showing up. Pietro-

Realization struck the waterbender like a lightning bolt and she quickly drew back from Natasha. "Pietro-"

The ex-red room assassin smiled tiredly. "He's alive Kya."

The silver haired woman looked at her surrogate mother, hope and relief blooming in her chest. "He's alive?"

Natasha nodded. "You saved him."

Kya laid back against the pillows and sighed in relief. She reached across the bond, and could feel the speedster's life force. Sitting up, the waterbender started pulling the sheets off herself. "Can I see him?"

The moment she stood on her feet, dizziness hit her like a tidal wave. She wobbled for a spilt second before Natasha gently eased her back onto the bed. "Easy."

Kya looked at her surrogate mother in confusion. "Why do I feel so weak?"

Hardness covered the ex-red room assassin's face. But since the silver haired woman knew her so well, she could see a hint of fear. "After you healed Pietro, you passed out. Steve and Bucky caught up with Clint and helped get you and Maximoff into the life boat."

Natasha took a shaky breath before composing herself again. "The both of you were hardly breathing and your pulses were weak. Kya, you were barely alive."

The assassin's green eyes clenched shut as she once again tried to compose herself, only this time, it was a bit more difficult. Meanwhile, Kya was silent as what she was just told sunk in.

"And you used the Spirit water to heal him."

Green eyes looked into blue eyes. "Steve told me about the bond."

Wait.... what?!? "Natasha I can explain-"

The red head cut her off with a tired smirk. "There's nothing to explain. He loves you, clearly you love him if you're willing to gamble your life for him."

Kya froze.

'Clearly you love him if you're willing to gamble your life for him.'

Love....

Do I love him?

She thought back to the day they met, and how she instantly found him beautiful. She remembered when she first discovered their bond. She remembered when he cornered her in Africa and almost kissed her. She remembered when he said he loved her in Seoul.

Yes, I do love him.

With a soft smile blooming across her face, Kya looked at her surrogate mother. "Speaking of love and Steve, what happened between you two?"

-Time Skip-

After Natasha left, Kya had a string of visitors. Fury and Clint came in to confirm that she was alive and so Clint could wrap her in a large bear hug. Tony came in to tell her about the new Avengers Facility the team would be moving to.... And that Bruce had disappeared during the final evacuation.