Chapter 2

We're walking through the park. It's almost sundown so we start heading back home. We've been walking for almost 3 hours. My blonde hair blows through the wind and I try to tame it,but continuously fail miserably. Daniel chuckles as I make another attempt. I love his chuckles. They're so cute.

No Emily. This is strictly friend zone. I don't like him anyway. I don't like his light brown eyes that sparkle when he laughs. Or the way his shirt hangs tight against his smooth six pack. If anything I hate it. I hate him. It's just....it's complicated. It's like the way a person would be when they see something that looks really good like pizza but then eat it and find out the hard way that they're lactose intolerant.

I know that's a weird analogy but, you get the point. We reach the front porch of my house and say goodbye. I swear from the way he hugged me I thought he was going to kiss me. If he did I don't know if I would have fought it. Or been able to. Instead, we awkwardly hug and he walks away.

As he reaches my front gate, he turns back and smiles. His smile just makes me want to melt like butter on a fresh warm biscuit. God I can't get him out of my mind. This is bad.

So much for friend zone.