Chapter 7

Daniel climbed on top of my roof and somehow got into my room.  Hold up. Let's back this up and start from the beginning. 

POV present tense (Emily's while it's happening )

It's been a little over a month since I've been to school. I'm on independent study now, so I don't have to deal with Daniel.

I'm sitting in my room doing homework for English. I've been working on homework for six and a half hours straight. It turns out it's harder to do work at home than it is to do it at school. At school I'm not allowed to have my phone out and I don't have any electronics to distract me.

When I do work at home, I want to be doing anything but that. It takes over 9 hours for me to finish a days worth of homework at home, because it's harder to focus (or maybe it's just because I have a snack break every 10 minutes.)

I get up to stretch my body (I was sitting for like 25 minutes straight) I bend over to touch my toes and suddenly I feel someone slap my butt, and I'm pretty sure nobody was in my room. After I came in earlier, I made sure to shut and lock my door. I stand up and turn around, just to find Daniel standing there.

"H-h-hey," I try to speak, but I already feel my self going weak at the knees. I wanted to just reach out and hug him. I just want to get him close to me.

As if reading my mind, he quickly gathered me up in his arms. He pulls my head to his shoulder and whispers into my ear. "I missed you. Please don't ever leave me alone like that again. Alright?"

I couldn't speak. I nodded my head. Before I knew what I was doing I was crying. I missed him so much. He picked me up and sat me on his lap on my bed. He sat there with his arms around me. His strong protective arms. Oh god. I'm falling for him again. But this time....it's so much harder to get out of.