Ratchet x fem!human!reader

Key:
Y/N = your name
H/C = hair color
H/L = hair length
Y/H = your height
F/C = favorite color
E/C = eye color

÷÷

You were laying around on the old couch practically doing nothing. Being the young adult you were, you didn't go to school anymore, besides from college of course. But your classes didn't start till later in the month. Jack, Miko, and Raph, were at school, while Optimus, Bumblebee, and Arcee were out on a energon hunt. Bulkhead and Smokescreen were on patrol, so that left you with Ratchet. As grumpy as he was, you kinda enjoyed his presence sometimes. Though you wouldn't dare to tell ANYONE that you did.

Sighing dramatically, you checked your phone for any messages or other notifications. Nothing. Groaning, you stood, stretching your body from laying down for so long. Reaching in your bag that you always brought with you, you pulled out a brush to brush out your (H/L) (H/C) hair. Simply tossing it back into your bag, you just decided that you were too lazy to put your hair up, so you just let it loose.

Hearing the constant grumble and clanks of metal over in the make shift medbay where Ratchet was haunched over another one of his little contraptions. Being a self proclaimed 'lazy day' you wore large Grey sweatpants, and (F/C) crew neck sweater, with shoes/slippers to match your comfy outfit. Lazily walking towards the edge of the large platform where you could see eye to optic. You saw his face scrunch up in frustration.
"Hey Ratchet, what ch'ya workin' on?" You asked mildly curious as to what was making the old medic frustrated. You positioned yourself on the metal bars that made up a barrier so you wouldn't fall over
Moving only his optics up to look at you, his face somewhat softened. He seemed to study your appearance, which made you slightly flustered and fidget under his gaze until he answered you.

"Just another device to possibly aid the others," he seemed to shift his weight from one ped to the other as he stood straight, "why the sudden interest?" His gaze still on you, searching for your reply. You bit your bottom lip, wracking your brain for an answer. As you searched your brain for an answer to Ratchet's question, he looked at you, noting the way you're fidgeting as you sat comfortably on the thick metal bar that you decided to sit on. He was infatuated with you, no doubt, but he'd never tell you.

He feared your rejection and didn't want to ruin the bond you two created from the moment he had met you a year ago. He admired your (E/C) eyes and they way they sparkled whenever you were curious or passionately talking about something you really enjoyed. He enjoyed when you'd climb onto his shoulder plating and nestle yourself comfortably next to his neck cables, when he worked so late into the night, just to keep him company. Deep in his mind, he craved to claim you as his own. He was even a little jealous when Smokescreen would make a joke and you'd laugh that laugh he found adorable.

Your answer soon broke his chain of thought."I was just curious is all..." You paused for a moment, looking into his blue optics before continuing," it's just that you're always tinkering and making things I've never seen before and never understanding how they work, or supposed to work, until you explain it to me." You added with a small smile. Pink dusted your cheeks as Ratchet seemed to approve of your answer.
Before he was about to say anything Optimus had requested for a ground bridge to return back to base quickly before the decepticons could catch them. Quickly obliging his orders from the prime, he hurried over to the collection of "advanced" looking monitors and hurriedly typed in their cordinates.

The ground bridge opened with a flurry of greens and blues, swirling with energy. One by one, Optimus, Arcee, and Bumblebee stepped through in a hurried pace with large mining carts full of glowing blue energon crystals. You watched as the bots put the crystals away, farther into the base as Optimus and Ratchet spoke.