Chapter 1 - everyday routine

Boom! the explosives woke me up before I was really awake. Then the crying of my people, "Help Cassandra! Help us!" they called. Confused I stepped out of my bed to peer down my window. Firstly my people would never call me Cassandra they would refer to me as her highness, high princess of Anerbriva. Secondly how did they get so close to my bedroom window? we have like five gates surrounding the royal palace, 2 moats and three rounds of security guards. Anyway as I peered down preparing to smile and wave, A rough hand grabbed my nightgown. How dare they! I princess Cassandra will throw them into the dungeons! I prepared to kick them skillfully in the face with my 2 inch night slippers but they let go, wailing. I looked around and found I was in a little garden with red roses and lilies floating in a little pond with a sweet little sign next to it saying 'Where two worlds meet'. I looked up and saw I was at my father's summer palace, the creamy white marble melting into the blue of the early morning sky. Crickets chirped soulfully as I heard a rustle in the grass behind me. I turned to face whatever the world was going to throw at me and called "Who's there! I demand you come out immediately! or face my wrath!" before I could continue, A middle aged woman with a cut across her left cheek ran out at me. It was Lady Cantrice. An old nursemaid of mine who tried to poison me as a child. Lady Cantrice grabbed my loose plait and yanked it as hard as she could then punched me on the nose, Blood trickled onto the grass, a lot of it, it began to invade the pond then turned into tiny swarm of red bees, which chased after lady Cantrice who screamed "Your sister is mine!". Does that mean she was going to attack my sister now? I tried to chase after her. But the loss of blood made it difficult to think or even walk. I fell in a heap on the ground and my vision blurred red. A strong arm caught me as I almost plummeted to the ground. " I have you" Said a deep, calming voice, I looked up and there was a boy. A boy I have definitely seen before.