Chapter Two: Unwanted Family Reunion

I leaned my back against the moldy cell wall in defeat. Barley anyone was placed on this floor. The floor just continued on and on, almost looking as if it went down for miles. There were probably more people down farther. I had no one to associate with.. But I wasn't in the mood to either. These people here are mad. I guess the stories I heard of this place were true. When you enter this living hell, you can't leave. Dementors keep you captive and cause you to go wild. I told myself a million times I would not end up like the others. I may have no had magic, but I was strong. I had more will power than anyone here. Half these prisoners were death eaters.. Or accused as one. 

        A cool chill swarmed around my cell, almost like a wind. I lifted my head slowly, my eyes widening with fear. The word fear couldn't even describe it. In front of my cell was a dementor. It floated above the ground while it's ripped cloth brushes against the stone floor. It stopped at my cell and turned it's blank face to me. Even with no eyes, it felt as if it was burning holes through my body. I felt myself sitting up a bit straighter. The dementor reached a bone hand toward my cell. Just by reflex, I scooch backwards as far as possible. The bone hand curled it's fingers around my cell bars. It opened his mouth and before I even knew it, my soul was being sucked away. I instantly felt depressed.. It was a horrible feeling. I felt like there was no hope. With all my might, I tried to look away from the face of death itself. 

"Get out of here!" I yelled angrily, snapping my head to the side to look away. "Leave!" 

The dementor did the complete opposite. Like a ghost, he hovered through the bars of my cell. The room dropped it's temperature.. If that was even possible. 

"I said leave God dammit!" I ordered. I shut my eyes tightly, refusing to look at it. The temperature of the cell suddenly became a bit normal. Peeking open, the dementor had left. With a breath of relief, I flexed my legs and sat there feeling proud. I knew that wouldn't be the last time I would face him. But as long as he didn't come back today, I was fine. 

That night, I couldn't sleep. The constant temperature changes became irritable. The stone floor was damp and cool which was obviously uncomfortable. Rats the size of rabbits would do the occasional run and hide game in my cell. I would be living like this for as long as I live. I could just kill myself now, but why? To show them that I am weak? I refused. I would do anything just to prove the Ministry I am innocent. If I had too, I would act like a mad person just to show Azkaban isn't so fearful. 

Around early morning... Or late morning.. I couldn't really tell since I had no window.. A feminine voice was echoing throughout the floor. She screeched and hollard insane comments about Azkaban. She had a certain laugh that was familar. That crazed psycopath laugh that caused the hairs on your neck to stand up. The woman passed by my cell with three dementors taking hold of her. She did not once scream in fear. Instead she continued laughing and hollaring.. She even sung wilden anthems about Azkaban. I got a quick glimpse of her pale sunken face. Her black curly hair was wilder than usual. She wore a black tattered dress along with black cloth tied up in her knotted hair. If it weren't for her insane singing, I would of mistaken her for a dementor. 

The dementors threw her in the cell across from mine. Like usual, I felt that odd sensation in the atmosphere that made me want to rip my hair out. She fell on her knee's like I did yesterday. Instead of sitting in defeat, she sat proudly and waved as the dementors locked up her cell and hovered away. It was like they had no effect on her. 

"I see the welcome committee still hasn't changed" she says loudly, wanting the dementors to hear. She then pushes her curly black hair out of her face and stands up on her feet before prancing around her cell happily. I couldn't help but groan. Out of all the people I could be next to a cell with, it had to her. 

My cousin, and my main enemy, Bellatrix Lestrange.  

My annoyed groan catches her attention quickly. She brings her prancing to a halt, instead sticking her head out of the bars that keep her hostage. "You!" she spat, her pale bony index finger pointing directly at me. My eyes roamed upward, allowing her to see who I was. Not one look of surprise hit her, instead her lips coiled into a dreadful smirk and laughed madly. "Oh how it couldn't be poor Sirius Black". She draws out my name in disgust, just like the court room did. 

"Oh how it could" I mumbled under my breath, shifting my eyes away from her in slight shame. Out of my family of Slytherins I was the only Gryffindor. I was the good in my family yet no one seemed to notice. Now I felt apart of the evil. 

"What is poor baby Sirius Black doing in my home?" she asked, quirking an eyebrow. "I don't recall ever handing you an invitation to join". I gave her a disgusted look before lifting myself to my feet. "I never asked for one" I retorted. "Nor did I ever want one. This place is the farthest thing from a home". 

"Maybe for you it isn't" she hissed. "For the rest of us, this place is our kingdom - well not anymore it isn't... Because now you're here". I lean my body on the metal bars of my cell, eyeing her in a confused way. This happens to be the regular Bellatrix we all known and despised. I'd be curious to see what would happen to her when Azkaban gets to her. I don't think it would be possible for her to go more insane then she really is. 

"What does my doing here have to do with you?" I asked, leaning my head on the bars. 

"Well for starters, I now have to deal with the man who is a disgrace to the family name" she said, gesturing toward me."It is already bad enough we are related".

"I couldn't agree more" I added, my tone dry and irritated. "You are all the disgrace in this family. I am not a killer nor shall I ever be". 

"Says the man who is locked up on Level 9" Bellatrix growled. She curled her fingers around her cell bars, her head slowly tilting to the side. Her black eyes pierced into my own, a disgusted growl soon escaping my lips. 

"What does that mean?" I asked, trying out my best scowl on her. She shifted her eyes from one side to another before giggling under her breath. Bellatrix spun herself around, her tattered black dress flowing around her. She then began to prance around her cell and sing to herself, ignoring my question. 

"What in Merlin's name does that mean, you psychotic imbecile!?" I yelled aloud viciously. My voice travelled through the whole 36th floor in a echo. Bellatrix stopped prancing around and just stared at me with surprise. She bared her teeth angrily and strode up the metal bars, but before she could even speak, the atmosphere became cold. Coming down the narrow hall were about four dementors. My stomach twisted upside down and dropped as they made there way over. 

Both me and Bellatrix stay silent. I back away from the metal bars until my back hit the wall. The first dementor stopped at my cell and waited for the rest to join him. Then he swung my cell door open. Not one, but all four dementors entered my cell and took hold of my tattered clothing. They forcefully pulled me out of the cell, their bony fingers piercing into my flesh. Bellatrix backed away from the bars of her own cell and disappeared into the darkness. I began to struggle and fight them as they pushed me over to the elevator. I bared my teeth and growled loudly while pushing and smacking their hands away. Azkaban was already getting to me. 

Men and women stared at me with widened eyes as I was escorted out. There really was people on this floor.. All death eaters. 

The first dementor gnored my attempts to fight them away. It led me to the elevator which I was brutally pushed into. All four dementors disappeared down the elevator shaft, yet the cold presence still remained.