Chapter Five: Iris Lunette

"And you are..?" she asked in a curious tone as if longing to know. She glances down at her wound and traces her fingers along it, waiting for an answer. "Sirius" I said simply. "Sirius Black". Right before I could even finish giving her my answer, she snaps her head up in astonishment. "Sirius Black... The mad man who murdered thirteen muggles on the streets?" I swore under my breath and shook my head. "The word seems to spread around fast, even in a prison". 

"Everyone was rather excited" Iris stated, smirking smugly. "People around here were looking forward for another death eater to join". I couldn't help but growl in disgust - the same growl I let out when Bellatrix was put in the cell across from mine. "Death eater?" I spat out in disgust. "I am not! I would never work for that bloody bastard who calls himself the Dark Lord!" Iris raised her eyebrows in surprise at me. "Don't tell anyone that" she said simply. "You'll end up dead if the other prisoners heard something like that come out of your mouth". 

"As long as I'm locked up in this cell, no one will be able to get to me" I said, bending down in front of Iris. I glanced at the deep wound that slashed across her leg. "What did this to you?" I asked, cringing my nose by the sight of it. "The punishers of course" she said dryly. "They got a good hit on me.." 

"And then they left you there?" I questioned sympathetically. "To die?" 

Iris shook her head and leaned her bare back against the cement wall. "They thought I was already dead" she shrugged. "I faked it". I flashed her an impressed look before nodding my head. "They can't sense if you're still living?" Iris bit her bottom lip and scanned her eyes around the cell. "They're blind" she retorted quietly. "Only few know that - so I suggest you keep that to yourself - but since one of their senses are gone, it means another one is much more stronger.. more powerful" - she paused for a brief moment, probably debating on whether she should expose what she knows to me - "They have an advanced sense to feel.. To touch. They know your weakest spot just by touching you. They could tell where you are strong.. Even where you are hurt. Blindness does not stop them from being a threat to all of us." 

"What about hearing? Can't they hear you breathing and just kill you?" I asked, feeling myself becoming deeper into this conversation. I glance over at the sleeping Bellatrix, her body now laying completely on her back. "Not if you breath through your nose and muffle your breathing in your arm - besides they can't detect animals". Iris widens her eyes along with myself. Animals? Why would she be bringing up animals? The only reason she would be saying that is because she's a...?

"Animals?" I questioned, my curiosity swelling up inside me. "Are you a...?"

"N-No" Iris said quickly, her hands flailing up in the air, her tone shakily nervous. "I didn't mean that. I -er- was just saying in general. They can not sense the presence of an animal". I nodded my head slowly, my suspicion refusing to ware away, so instead I decided to change the topic. "If the punishing room is on the thirteenth floor, and I'm on the thirty sixth floor, then how did I not see the room while I was in the elevator on my way up to my cell?" 

"The room is enchanted to not be seen to those who are not in need of it. The only time you would be able to see it is if you are sentenced to go there" Iris explained precisely. "If you aren't, the room is unnoticeable." 

"So I see" I respond, taking this information in. "Now, why did I get sentenced into the this room?" 

"You tell me" Iris said, crossing her arms carefully over her chest. "What did you do?"

I try and think back to earlier today. What did I do that was so bad? "All I did was yell at, uh, someone.. That's all". Iris nodded her head slowly. "There's your answer. Prisoners are not supposed to socialize with one another, Sirius. Dementors take that as a crime. They want you to be miserable". 

"She was making me more miserable" I slightly growled. 

"She..? Who?" Iris asked. 

I nod my head to the side where Bellatrix is snoring quietly to herself. Iris looked a bit taken back by the sight of her. She looked from her to me, then back to her. "Bellatrix?" she said loudly. "Bellatrix Lestrange?" 

"You know her?" I grumbled through gritted teeth. 

"Of course I know her" Iris said excitedly while squirming over to the bars of my cell. She wrapped her fingers around the metal bars and stuck her head out of the bars. "She's a death eater.. Like the rest of us".