Chapter Seven: Advice

When finished eating, Juvia looked out the window and saw how dark it had gotten. Gray noticed and watched for a moment before Cana and Lucy’s doppelgangers popped out of nowhere and bowed slightly at the two, causing them both to blink at them in surprise as they spoke, again speaking in unison. “Prince Gray, we have prepared a room for the Mistress.

He blinked in confusion before he understood what they meant and frowned. “Uh, thanks. Her name is Juvia by the way.”

They smiled at the name and Cana was the first to comment, leaning in close with uncharacteristic girly excitement. “Oh gosh, what a pretty name for a blunette!” Lucy nodded, copying her gestures. “Goodness me Prince Gray, however did you come up with it?”

“Uh..,” He glanced to Juvia, obviously hoping for some help on the matter. She flailed a moment before pointing out the window. He gulped and looked back at the nosey maids. “I-It reminded me of the ocean! Yeah! W-Which was where I found her.., On the beach…” Wow that sounded lame, but this kind of thing was more up Loke’s alley.

They fangirled by squealing loudly and Gray’s eye started to twitch for not the first time that day. He didn’t understand the need for them to find that information so exciting, but hey, he’s pretty sure it’s a girl thing.

Lucy stopped giggling first and turned to Juvia. “Would you like to go rest for the night, Miss Juvia? We could show you to your room!” She hesitated a moment and looked to Gray. He gave a small smile and nodded. “I think it’s best if we hit the hay. We should get some rest...” He was also still very worried about her condition, and watched very carefully as she stood and started to walk towards the maids. Her expression didn’t show any signs of pain, but her eye had definitely twitched when her feet had hit the ground. So she still might be hurt…If she is, it looks like she’s trying to cover it up.

Before leaving the room completely, she had turned and gave a soft smile and wave to her Gray-sama. He blinked and returned it, though a bit more awkward. Soon she was gone and out of sight. The release of pressure was overwhelming, and he took a long, deep breath, running a hand through his hair and gazing out of the window.

Two more days. That’s all he had according to Juvia. How did she know? He knew she wouldn’t lie to him, so it must be true. Not to mention that look she had given him... He’s come to really hate that look. It was like she was about to brake. Was she going to be okay?

His eyes widened and the realization hit him like Erza’s cake-smashing vengeance. What will happen to Juvia if he can’t pull through this in three days? Two now! Will she stay voiceless? Homeless? What about him? What about their magic?

All of the pressure was suddenly back and his face turned into a calm panic. Say this doesn't work, and he finds that he doesn’t love her in that way. They’ll most likely be trapped here, never see Fairy Tail again, never get their magic back, he’ll stay a prince, she’ll stay silent, and both of their lives will most likely be miserable.

“Wha- P-Prince Gray!? Why are you bangging your head on the table over and over again like that!? You’ll hurt yourself!!!” Gray lifted his head to find the Redheaded Natsu and he just exploded, unable to hold in his aggravation any longer.

“GAAAAH!!!!! WHY IS MY LIFE SO FREAKIN’ COMPLICATED?!”

The Natsu wannabe jumped and then fell on his but as Gray stomped out of the dining room and towards the room he had woke up in earlier that day. He honestly didn’t have a plan. The only thing he had to do was figure out if he loved her or not.

How exactly was he going to do that..?

He stopped dead in his walk, standing dumbly in the middle of the grand staircase. He had no idea what to do. He looked up and saw Mira. She looked exactly like the one from his world. With a sigh of defeat, he walked over to her. He needed advice, and who better than to ask Mira, the goddess of matchmaking herself? “U-Uh Mira?”

She stopped and turned to him, the same smile he’s used to seeing appearing on her face. “Why hello Prince Gray! How can I help you?” He blinked, ignoring the urge to rub his eyes in disbelief before continuing. “I-I um, need some help. I may l-like this girl, but I need to know for sure, and soon. What could I do to know for sure..?”

He was surprised to see her put her hand on her chin in consideration. He waited. And waited, but she just stayed that way before it seemed a lightbulb finally switched. “I got it! Why not go on a date?”

He tried not to blush and silently cursed this world for making Mira of all people stay in character. Granted, he himself came for her advice because he was hopping for just that, but he wished he could avoid doing anything embarrassing. A date is just that! “A-A-A date!? Why?!”

She only smiled that same, knowing smile, except it grew bigger by the minute. “Yes! If you want to know if you feel that way towards someone, why not spend time with them in a way that would be ideal for if you did feel that way?” Gray was lost, and she seemed to see that. “I mean, if you want to know if you like this girl, then why not spend time with her in a way that says you do. If you go on a date, you could realize you do love her and then get married and have 33 babies!” He was still pretty lost, and just plain out ignored the last part, but maybe this could still work.

If they went out and spent time together, then maybe it would help him sort his feelings out faster. He nodded slowly, giving her a sideways glance. “A-And where would be a good place ta do somethin’ like that around here..?”

Her eyes lit up and he was then dragged over to the large balcony, where she proceeded to point out different places he could take Juvia around the town. He mentally took notes and noticed that he was almost...excited to take Juvia out.

This world had to be messing with his brain…

Right?