Chapter I: Gale

Valentine's Day is a special day where we could express our love and appreciation to the people that we value the most. This is the time when we are openly given the chance to express our feelings without being judged. Like other holidays, this day is a day that needs a lot of preparations and this is what St. Valentine was currently experiencing. Due to a lot of errands that needs to be done he would always wake up early and retire late at night. This is a common situation in his place as the special day of hearts approaches but, it is not only him that is working hard and is getting ready. Residing in his place were the cupids. These special beings were given the privilege to pair people during the special day of love. One of them was Wind. He was the tenth cupid in the group of sixteen.

One day Sky, the eldest of all sixteen, went on a search to find Wind. The young cupid was missing for almost an hour since the sun broke the nightly silence of the mountains' horizons. His search led him to a vast sea where a pile of rocks gathered at its shore. The cool waves were splashing at the sharp surfaces of the rocks. On top of one of them sat Wind. Sky came up to him and touched his shoulder.

"What are you doing here? The heavens are looking all over for you." Sky told the cupid who looked at him curiously.

"I want to start making matches for Valentines."

Sky smiled at his remark. "Yes we'll get to that point but for now you need to go back to the heavens."

Wind looked at him angrily. "I don't want to go back. Why can't we start making matches now?!" he asked.

"Sir Valentine has not yet given us an order."

"Are we supposed to follow everything he says?"

Sky looked at Wind keenly. The cold breeze ran between them while they stared at each other.

"What's happening to you, Wind?" he asked worried.

The young cupid, who was only sixteen, stood up and spread his wings. "I'm tired of taking orders from that old man. From now on I'm going to do things I see fit." He then flew off.

Sky tried to chase him but he found ways and means to get rid of him. His attempts paid off when Sky suddenly lost balance of his flight and dropped in the waters. Helplessly he watched Wind flew away from his grasp.

"Now where do I start?" Wind asked while roaming around a city, where his flight took him. He found an old woman and an old man. He smiled while he took his bow and arrow from his back and got ready to shoot. He was aiming perfectly at them when all of a sudden he heard a scream from the far end of the street. Forgetting his targets, Wind flew to where the noise was coming from. There he saw a robbery going on progress. He was confused of why some people were shouting, crying and are lying on the floor while those standing up have guns with them. The pursuit for the robbers took place in front of him, confusing his innocent mind. He tried to leave the awful scene when he came upon a murderer who was about to kill his victim in exchange for her money. The scene drew him into more confusion. His head was starting to spin. This was the first time he experienced such violence.

"Why? Why are they doing those things?" he asked himself. Trying to absorb the happenings, the young cupid started to change. His once white wings started to turn black and his clothes darkened. Awakened by the sad reality of life Wind's dark form emerged: Gale.

"My work won't be too hard." The dark cupid told himself while a sly grin painted the lips of the once innocent Wind. "Naturally people are already nurtured by hatred. I need not to break a sweat in making them fight." He continued and launched himself up in the dark night.

Scouting every area for lovers, families and friends whose relationships he broke with one arrow of hatred. Satisfied with his day's work, Gale decided to call it a night.

Back at the heavens Sky called for a meeting in search for Wind.

"Since Valentines is near we can't afford to lose any helping hand but due to this situation we have no other choice. Fire and Air scout the areas and find Wind. Bring him home before he gets into trouble." Sky ordered the eighth and ninth cupids, who were actually twins; both nodded in unison before setting off.