Chapter VI: Hatred and Happiness

"This is hopeless!" Ocean shouted while he and Sky were flying over the Pacific Realm. "It's been days and we still do not have even one clue where that bastard is!"

"Tsk! Will you stop your whining?!" Sky scolded. "I cannot even imagine why you're my second in command. You continuously whine and throw tantrum for the past days that we're on the search."

"That is because it's impossible!"

Sky did not answer his comment as it was somewhat true. It has been a week's time since they've last heard of the dark cupid and for what it's worth, their search is somewhat coming to a unproductive end. The war and chaos seemed to have subsided for the time being and no other traces of Gale could be found.

"Let's try one more round. If still unsuccessful then we will need to postpone the search until the great event has been finished."

"Right. Valentines is coming within two days." Ocean remarked and they continued on their search.

"I... I won't allow this." Sarah uttered with almost tear-filled eyes as she looked at Gale. "I helped you out and now..." she bit her lip and evaded his piercing eyes.

"That is not how you say things when you're angry!" Gale shouted making her tremble; she closed her eyes almost immediately to avoid his gaze.

"I... I'm sorry. It's just that you are making me so nervous." She paused and faced him. "Why are we even practicing this?"

Gale did not answer but just looked at her for a couple of minutes and then headed for the door. "Nothing special. I was just thinking that it would be nice to do a little show at the market... you know gain discounts." He smiled notoriously.

She returned it. "Don't worry I'll be in-charge of that."

"Hurry up!" Sarah called to the heavily loaded Gale. "It has been an hour since they've arrived at the market and now they're fully packed with fresh meat and vegetables.

"Easy for you to say!" he grumbled under his breath. "Tsk! If only knew she was this good in bargaining I would have brought a cart with me! And come to think of it I even tried to train her on how to go about with it earlier!"

Paradise barked in approval to his sentiment.

It has been a week's time since he started to live with the two and since then Gale felt the warmth and comfort of being alive. Though he has not thoroughly forgotten his hatred and grudge against the world, whose origin he has not thoroughly fathomed, he started to get lazy from spread chaos and mishaps.

"Hurry up!" Sarah demanded stomping her foot down as if to make a point.

Gale looked at her angrily while she enjoyed mocking him. "Tsk! Don't make me shoot an arrow at you!" he hissed under his breath

They walked a little further while making jokes and hanging around. Gale was laughing at the stupid gestures that Sarah would make once in a while but then suddenly stopped when he felt a cold shiver down his spine.

"What are you doing?" a voice echoed inside of him. His body muscles became weak and he dropped all the things he was carrying.

"Wind?" he asked unsure.

"You are supposed to kill everybody and bring back the world into peace.

"Wait... are you not supposed to be the cupid of love?"

"I am that is why I released you to rid the world of filthy humans so that people may once again live happily."

Gale was not able to answer at that time.