Meeting my new master

The inside was much grander than the outside. I couldn't help myself staring at the relics and paintings. I always had a love for art and history. A growl echoed through the great hall. And before I knew it, a great dog pounced on me. " Pluto. Off." Sebastian ordered the dog. He looked at me once and got off. " I apologize for the not so warm welcome you received.  The servants are not accustomed to new faces." Sebastian helped me to my feet. " But I suggest you make yourself proper and tidy before the master. He will not be pleased of a tiger in his dwelling. Sebastian led the way down the hall. "This will be your room.  I have already provided you a suitable attire. If anything, Mey-Rin will help you." He gave me a quick glance before closing the door. The room was plain, yearning for decoration. It reminded me too much of the room that I had for many years in the laboratory. A lone bed stood in a corner, a desk and a chair on the other side. I paced around the room. Two windows overlooked the outside gardens and a door which I guessed led to a bathroom beside the desk. A white blouse and black skirt lay neatly on the bed. I frowned, sitting down. 'Who is this master? And how did Sebastian know I was coming? Am I safe here? Or is this another trap?' My thoughts were interrupted by the door opening and a magenta-haired girl with big round glasses peaked in. " Oh, so he was right! Oh yes, Sebastian was right ,yes he was." She stumbled in. She had her hair in two pigtails and wore a simple maid's uniform. I purred softly, trying to make her calm. It seemed to work." You are special, yes you are." She held out her hand. ' Mey-rin," I put my paw in hers. I tried to say my name, but it came out as a deep purr. I frowned then changed into the girl I am. Mey-Rin stepped back, a slight smile on her face. It quickly disappeared as She noticed the bullet holes and many scars that I had. " Oh, dear. I am so sorry, yes yes I am." She rushed to the aid kit that she had brought with her. In a moment, I was bandaged up and feeling much better than ever. " Thanks. I'm, ugh, Tora." I gave her a weak smile, trying my best to cover my nakedness. She noticed. " Oh, yes, sorry, I'll let you change. wait outside I will, yes." She left for me to change. I quickly took a shower to wash all the muck and dried blood away, I then  slipped on the under attire, and buttoned my blouse and slid on my knee length skirt. I put on matching white stockings and black pumps. Mey-rin then came back in. " we need to fix this hair, yes we do!" She unraveled my hair, brushing it tenderly. Then I heard the snip of scissors against my blue hair."Mey-rin? What are you doing?" I shifted my head slightly." trimming your hair. don't worry, it will go back fast." She sent another cute smile and continued with her work. Soon, I  was waiting outside the mater's door. Any questions I tried to fire at Mey-rin, she refused to answer, so my best hope was that this master would at least be kind enough to answer. " Come in." A mature voice ordered. I opened the door and slipped inside the office. The firs thing I noticed was Sebastian standing loyally at beside the desk. He gave me an assuring smile. Then I focused my attention to the 'master'. I was stunned to see a thirteen-year-old boy instead of the man I pictured. He had navy hair and an eye patch over his right eye. He was dressed royally and sat like a prince. " Tora, correct?" He asked. I nodded my head, recovering from the surprise. " My butler informed me that you were found as a tiger?" He raised an eyebrow. " Yes, that is correct." I may have been raised in a lab, but I have been taught manners. " And you have killed many." He added. I bit my lip. " Yes, sir." Sebastian then leaned in and whispered something into his ear. The boy frowned but then nodded. " Very well. I will provide you with food and shelter on one condition. You serve me." He eyed me suspiciously. " Yes, sir." I curtseyed, Sebastian, noticing this, nodded gently is if saying: Good job. " Sebastian will teach you all you need to know. For now, you will clean with Mey-Rin until I can trust you enough to be a body guard. You are released, both." Sebastian bowed." Yes my lord." And  I curtseyed. We both left. I followed Sebastian to an empty room. It was grand, I suppose a ballroom. " You were good." He praised, breaking the silence. " I saw many questions in your eyes yet you did not blabber like many humans." He eyed me. " I was just being polite." I shrugged. " What are we doing here anyway?" I asked. " You need to practice your actions. The master, as you will be calling him, likes neatness and willingness to do everything quickly and accurately. I will not have you bumbling around dropping precious vases and plates." He stood in front of me, placing a hand on my back and one on my shoulder. Gently he straightened me out so that my shoulders were aligned and my back painfully straight. I hissed as bones slid back in place. " Sorry, but it was necessary. A shapeshifter has intricate bones, but they have a tendency to lock out of place." He took his hands off. " Now, instead of walking in a prowling manner, keep your head straight-" He lifted my chin"-like so." He placed a book on my head. Where was he keeping that? " now, walk to the other end, make sure the book doesn't fall." He let go of my chin. Biting my lip I took a delicate step forward. Then another and another but I moved my head and the book fell. Sebastian picked it up and placed it on again. " Try again. This time, look only at the objective, the wall." He stepped aside once more and I was on my own. I felt his judging gaze glued to me. I took a deep breath and started to walk. 

' "Choyuko! Careful!" my brother's voice called out. " Don't worry, I'm Ok!" I giggled, looking down at the rushing brook below me. I took two brave steps onto the log. " Come on! It's safe!" I waved my hand over for him to follow. The little boy hesitated, then, bravely, walked behind me. I was waiting for him on the other side. Suddenly, he lost his footing and crashed into the river below. " HARU!" I yelled, but his body had hit the sharp rocks underneath. It was too late as I watched the bloody and lifeless body of my brother float away.' 

 I crashed against the wall. He chuckled. " I would suggest keeping your eyes open." It was then that I realized that my eyes were closed. I sighed and stood up. " You ok?" He asked. I nodded. " Just fine. Let's continue." I said avoiding his concerned gaze.