Getting ready for the ball

Time went by a couple days, Sebastian and I rarely crossed paths. When we did, I tried not to make eye contact. My days were busy with cleaning, polishing, and doing the laundry. At the end of each day, I passed out on my bed, not having the energy to frolick outside, even I couldn't find time to go out for a couple minutes. One day, Ceil called us all in the main hall. I stood patiently with my new friends for him and his butler to come. Slowly they descended. Sebastian looked at me, but I directed my attention to Ceil. "Today we will be having a ball. And Elizabeth will be coming earlier, I want this spotless.  Baldroy and Sebastian, you will be in the kitchen. And Mey-Rin, vacuum the rugs and dust every cupboard. Tora,  you will polish the floor and wash the windows, re-paint the doors, make sure pluto is well groomed and restrained." My eyes widened." And Finnian, tend to the gardens. Do I make myself clear?" He asked. We all saluted." Yes, Master!" And hurried to our jobs. I started with the easiest: wash the windows. I grabbed soap and water and a rag. I did my work slowly but thoroughly, Ceil knew this and gave me extra to spit that. I had a feeling he hated me.After two hours, I had all the windows cleaned. Even those that were highest. I climbed up onto the roof for that. Mey-Rin was long finished, even offered me her help, but I declined, saying that I was assigned this and I will finish this. I would never forget that pitiful look in her eyes. By four PM, I had polished the ballroom floor. Now to paint the doors. That was a challenge. I was never taught how to paint furniture like doors. So I just stood there, paintbrush in hand and paint pale in other, staring at the two huge doors. For me, they looked OK without paint, but Master said to paint them. "Need help?" Sebastian asked from behind. He always seemed to sneak up on me. "What are you doing here?" I asked." I am not needed at the moment. Answer me, do you need help." I gulped. " I mean sure." I shrugged. He chuckled at my uncertainty and took the brush gently from my hand. "You start from the top-"He effortlessly reached up to the corner (I wouldn't be able to reach it even if I stood on my toes)  and swept down, leaving a polished streak of brown paint. He then continued doing the whole top, concentrated on his work. When he reached a point  where I could reach easily, he handed me the brush. " Here. When you finish call me." He gave me the brush and left. I mimicked his movements,  moving from the left to the right, and in no time, I was finished the first door. Mey-Rin came and handed me a cup of tea and a biscuit. " You missed tea, so I brought you this, yes I did."  I thanked her and took a long gulp of tea. Then, an idea popped into m head. I rushed into the mansion, passing a  very confused Mey-Rin, and grabbed my chair from my room. I hurried back. Eagerly, I placed it down and stood on top of it. Now I was able to reach the corners. I started swiftly, making a rhythm with my hand, Up-down-dip-up-down. And I did that in double time than the last door. It was 5 now, the ball was at seven, plenty of time for the paint to dry. I put back the chair and paint, washed the brush. Now came the challenge:Pluto. I had many ideas in mind, but none of them were good. On my way outside, I thought of turning into a tiger and chasing him into the dog house, but that would make a mess, especially if it turns into a fight. So I grabbed three cubes of sugar from the kitchen when Baldroy wasn't paying attention. I found him basking in the sun, the completely opposite  of the dog house. " Plu plu." I cooed like I heard Finnian do. He raised his head, looking at me intently. I reached my hand, showing him the cubes. His eyes widened and hung out his tongue. " You want this, ya? Come on boy, come on." I led him around the mansion,Pluto quick at my heels, looking at the sugar cubes. I finally made it to the house.I quickly tied him up and gave him the cubes to enjoy. Finally! I was done. I joined the others in the servants quarters, where they were lounging." Oh, so you're done!" Finnian exclaimed as I sat down, exhausted. " Oh,you poor dear. Water, yes, drink." She handed me a cup. I gulped it down. I gave it back to her when the bell rang. "And that will be Elizabeth."  They all groaned. I have never met Elizabeth, but by their stories, she is a tedious burden and the fiance of Ceil. Then came the shrill voice. "CIEL! IM BAACK!!" They all quickly got up to greet the guest. I followed, though not as eager to get to her. I was quite surprised, for I have not expected a cheery blonde to meet my gaze. She wore all pink which I found disturbing and much preferred Ciel's choice in colour- and had a hat on her head, letting out her thick blonde curls. She stopped calling for Ciel and focused her attention on me. She squealed and ran over, knocking the others out of her way." oOOH You must be the new maid! I will make you soo pretty for the ball! Come on!" She grabbed my hand and dragged me up the stairs, a place I hardly got the chance to go to and pushed me into a room. It was pink all over. Pink bed, walls, cabinets, and  toys that arrayed the room. I tried my best not to vomit. "Now, We have an hour to finish, so sit." She pushed me down on a chair and started running around the room, picking up various things like a hurricane. She stopped for a second to glance at my face, then disappeared into the walk-in closet, coming out with a handful of different dresses. Thank goodness some were in different colours. "Now, Pick one." She shoved the pile into my hands. I gently lay them on the bed. Immediately I separated the pink ones, receiving a silent scowl from her.  After looking through various of shades, sizes, lengths and designs, I found a black and white dress. It was plain, but not too plain. (see up top)"Oh, good choice!" She clapped her hands and let me dress in the bathroom. When I emerged, I was bombarded with makeup and powders of all shades. I was made to sit again and she fluffed a brush over my face. After about 30 minutes of sitting still, she handed me a mirror. My face was full of colour. Blush ran up my cheeks and my eyes popped. I smiled, licking my glossed lips. While I was admiring myself, she was twisting and  tugging at my hair. It was painful, but I bear it. "there!" I looked at myself once more and saw a pretty braided bun atop my head. A violet flower perched at the side. "Thank you, miss Elizabeth!" I curtsyed, a regular I had learned to do. The clock chimed seven,"IT'S STARTED!! YEEEK!! Quickly go go, I must let people see you. especailly Sebastian." She wiggled her eye brows. At that I gave a happy laugh. "Yes m'lady." And put on the black high heels that she made me wear and took my leave.