The Ball

The ballroom looked spectacular: Guests waltzed to famous concert music, refreshments were served by Mey-rin and Finnian, and I believe Baldroy was stuck in the kitchen. I started to descend the stairs, joined by Ciel and Sebastian.  Ciel took a second glance at me. " What the HELL are you doing?' He half whispered. I lowered my head. " I apologize, master, Elizabeth just dressed me up. I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to." He scowled. " Take it off." My eyes widened." But sir, all of her hard work." He shook his head. Then Sebastian stepped in. "My lord, It is a shame, really. This is her first ball, too. And wouldn't it be not pleasing for your servant to learn how to dance." He raised an eyebrow. Ciel sighed." Fine, just this once. Sebastian, dance with her." He bowed." Yes My Lord." I curtseyed." thank you, Master." Sebastian held out his arm, and I hooked my right arm to his. "Sebastian." I said through clenched teeth, as we walked down the stairs." Yes?" He didn't look at me." I can't dance." I said, waiting for his response." Well, I guess there is a  first time for everything." He turned me around, so I was facing him. He gently took my hand and placed it on his shoulder, stretching out the other which was in his hands. He placed his free hand on my waist. I blushed but looked down. " Follow my lead." He stepped back, I stepped forward. He stepped forward, I stepped back. He stepped to the side, I mirrored. " It is impolite to stare at one's feet when dancing, look at me." He commanded. I slowly lifted my head, but refused to make eye contact. The rhythm was easy, and soon I was smoothly flowing- aside from the occasional step on his foot- which I apologized. After a couple minutes of ignoring him, he sighed." Choryuko, look at me." He took his hand off my waist to move my chin. I obeyed and locked eye contact. His eyes held no emotion, and mine were filled with confusion, anger, and most of all sadness-the three emotions I try my best to hide- on display for him. He softened his gaze when he saw that. " Don't call me that," I growled, the noise rippling from my chest. " Control yourself." He whispered after some stares were made in our direction. "I don't have to listen to you," I grumbled, not breaking our dance. He seemed taken aback but composed himself. " Choryuko, I mean it. You still don't know how to fully control that monster inside you." 

'Monster...."You're a monster!" The screaming girl cried. " How could you!?" She stood over the dead cat. " I-I'm so sorry...I-I didn't m-mean to, I am so sorry," I whispered. People rushed to the scene. "What happened?" Her father asked. " She killed my kitten!" She cried. Many glares and profanities were thrown at me. " I said it was an accident! I meant no harm!" I cried. " That's enough, Choryuko. Stay away from my daughter." the man said, and I ran away crying.' 

I trembled. Whether it was from anger, or from the fact that I had no choice but listen, I did not know. I ripped out of his hands, already creating a scene. " Choryuko, come." He furrowed his eyebrows, reaching out to me. " No, don't call me that," I said, louder. I felt myself tremble again and transform. Screams clouded my hearing and tears covered my vision. " Tora." He whispered, but I didn't care. I roared, from the very bottom of my soul. It was an agonizing roar. the music had stopped, replaced by screams and cries of the guests trying to escape. I ran forward, straight through the window, and kept running. I didn't care where I was running or how long, but I knew that I long passed the brook where I went swimming on my first day. I was filled with so much anger and distress that I kept running through the night, and straight into the dawn. I was lost in the forest. I collapsed on the dewy ground, breathing heavily. A twig snapped, then another. I perked up, lifting my head. Farther away a group of men, each having some sort of weapon ( mostly guns) walking swiftly towards the mansion. "Kill...Phatomhive...ambush...no survivors....blah blah money..." Was I caught, but It was enough. I had messed up, big time. An idiot would see that. And I am no idiot. I kept my distance, crouching and trying to make the least possible noise.  After an hour, We were at the mansion. I was surprised. So I wasn't as lost as I thought I was. The Master was outside, drinking tea, Sabastian by his side. 'so early?' I thought but realized it was about eight AM or so. The men dispersed among the trees. Sebastian sensed something but didn't seem like he understood. The leader, which was  closest to me, raised his hand: Three, two, one. And the started firing. My eyes widened and I ran straight out, bullets hitting me instead of the Master. Mainly my sides, but some made it to my head. The gunmen were surprised but started firing at me. I ran straight at the leader, easily biting his head off. The others, heavily wounding me, were a different problem. Sebastian ran to the others, taking them out in swift blows. I saw someone starting to creep further up. I ran full speed and knocked him out. The other started running, but I easily run him down. I noticed Sebastian handling the others well. I started back for the forest. Ciel noticed this. " Hey! Come back!" when he noticed I didn't listen." SEBASTIAN!" He yelled. The butler just finished with the last one and looked at the master. " GET HER!" I started to run, but my limping was too bad. I got to the beginning of the forest when soft arms took hold of my neck. " Tora." He whispered. I felt myself relax and turn back. I found myself in his arms, blood covering almost my whole body. I was in a daze, my vision blurry. I balcked out.