Chapter 11: He remembers everyone but me

Natsu's PoV

After we sat down and watched the band do their thing, Gray pulled us all together. "Wait, isn't that Aunt Lainey?" Gray points at the woman in the centre of the room. "Nah dude, that Mrs Trifle. Didn't you hear Luce introduce them?" I shake my head. "Duh, but before that. Dumbass." He smacks me on the back of the head, like that cop show with the old guy in the NCIS. "Oh yeah! She always made us sweets everyday after school. And this was the name of her cafe." Jerral sounded like he had just discovered the meaning of life or something. Gajeel grunted and nodded in agreement.

I see Luce climb down the stage and go to audience members. She walks up to Lainey, who was behind the bar, and her husband. She takes the both of them by the hand as she gives an audience member her mic for the moment. As people make a circle in the middle, she lets the two go in the centre and they start dancing as slowly as Lucy gets her microphone back. She continues singing with that angelic voice of hers. When they finished, all the girls jumped down, without their instruments, and two twin girls came up to them, holding a banner in their hands. Erza picked one while Juvia held the others hand. Levy and Lucy took the banner and showed it to the couple. On the banner showed 'To the love of my life, happy anniversary, love yours truly' in fancy writing and red, cut out hearts around in. Underneath, in a rougher, child-like writing is 'And Hayley+Miley!'. As Lainey read it, tears began to build in her eyes. She loved at her husband and, basically, jumped on him, tightening her arms around his neck, kissing him deeply. Everyone in the room wolf whistled or squealed. The girls giggled and covered the little girl's eyes. They parted and took the banner, girls and Lainey hugged all of Fairy Heart and went back to work, struggling to keep the loving years back.

Then Lucy and her friends to the back of the cafe. "Let's follow them." I told my team. "And why the hell would we do that? We're not stalkers, and you already screwed it over with Lucy." Gray smirked. "Yeah, they might want some privacy after the show." Jellal added. "We should give them praise, everyone loves compliments." I smirk and follow the girls, my friends following behind me.

Lucy's PoV

After Lainey and Mark returned to the kitchen, the girls and I went to change into our uniforms. Our uniforms consisted of light, chocolaty brown, above the knee skirts, same colour suspends, a white blouse and a thin, brown bow tie. As we were getting dressed, gossiping and chatting away, we heard a knock at the door. "One second!" I call back, pulling my skirt up and just oust my shirt on. At least, three seconds later, I hear a click and the door opening. Because my back was to the wall, I had no way of knowing who it was, but seeing the faces of my best friends' face, gave me an idea. I turned with hesitation. There I saw Natsu, Gajeel, Jallel and Gray standing there, staring. "PERVERTS!" We all squealed and tried to cover ourselves. The boys realised what had happened and immediately shut the door. Erza somehow had a plank of wood in her hand and tried spearing the boys, but missed. "What. The. HELL!?" Juvia gasped. "I'm scarred, Taft was so embarrassing." Levy rocked herself in the corner. "I can't believe they would do that!" I raved in anger. "Get dressed and we can pummel them." Erza punched her hands together and we all nodded, planning our disastrous plan in our head.

Natsu's PoV

After Jellal scurried to shut the door, we all noticed what we had just seen. "Well, that wasn't as bad as I bought it would go." I shrugged. "We just walked in on the girls' changing room!" Gray shouted at me. "Yeah... That was great." I chuckled nervously. Gajeel hit me up side the head again.

Suddenly, we heard steps running in our direction. We turned to look down the hallway and saw Lainey's husband with a bat and Lainey with a frying pan. "You disgusting, little maggots!" He tried coming at us with a bat. "Wait, Mark! I know these boys. Natsu? Is that you?" Lainey grabs Mark's arm to stop him. "Hey Aunt Lainey, how've you been?" I smile goofily, completely forgetting the event from before. "Natsu! Gray! Jellal! Gajeel! It's so good to see you again. It's been so long!" She hugs us all, still holding the frying pan. "Yeah, long no time see." Gray chuckled. She let us go and Jellal immediately got on the floor, bowing. "I'm so sorry Aunt Lainey! We didn't mean to. They told us to wait but Natsu just opened the door. We didn't realised what was happening before it was too later." Jellal began babbling. "Right. So it was you guys. Such a shame, you were such innocent young boys." she sighed.

At that moment, the changing room opened once again and there stood four enraged girls, all in cute uniforms. "What. Was. THAT?!" Lucy screamed. "Sorry Luce. We just wanted to say how good your performance was." I smiled. She huffed. "Just leave. There's noting for you." She started to walk down the hallway. "But Lu..." Levy trailed off. "I'm sorry Lev, spend as much time as you want with them during work. Serve them for all I care, but I'm not talking to a traitor." She looked down and to the right as she faces away from us. Then walks away. "Sorry about her. Things are a bit difficult for her at the moment. Just give her time to breath." Levy apologised and the girls followed after her. "You guys should get back. I've made a few more recipes since you left. How about I whip you up some, on the house!" Lainey cheers, trying to clear the air. "Can't say no to free grub!" I slap my belly and we return to the cafe, that memory far behind.