9. Pregnancy

I was pregnant. When I told Donovan the great news, he couldn't be happier. We always wanted this. Well, I never considered having a family, not until I met Donovan. His dream was to have a little family with me and have a great life together. Maybe this could be a great thing for us, I've never experienced anything close to having a perfect family. I just lived with my mom in our small cabin, in a wooded area where not many people came by. She never told me many things, about my early life as a baby or even about where my father is. Sometimes I wish I could just know.

Living together with Donovan was pleasant; it's so nice getting to wake up next to the love of your life.

But sometimes, things keep coming back and happening to me. These powers I have, these abilities. I'm not sure if Donovan ever saw, him finding out the kind of person I really am could either scare him off or destroy him. It's nothing humanlike, and sometimes I can't control what happens to me. I don't even know why. I hid it from everyone, my mother, my best friend Anna, Donovan.

I went to the grocery store to pick up things we needed for dinner. I walked in with large brown paper bags and Donovan saw me and insisted on helping me unload the groceries.

"You must be tired, let me cook tonight instead dear." Donovan told me and kissed me. I thanked him and started walking to our bedroom so I can change into more comfortable clothes and relax.

I looked over at the nightstand on Donovan's side of the bed, and noticed two books resting on top. I was wondering if he stole a copy of one of my favorite horror books. I picked up the books and my eyebrows raised in confusion. Telekinesis? The History of Witchcraft?

It seems odd to me that Donovan would read books about those subjects, considering he's never mentioned anything about them before.

I peeked my head out of the door to see what he was up to. He was starting to prepare dinner when he looked over at me, his books in my hand. I forgot I was still holding them. He looked.. nervous? Then I walked over and placed them back on the nightstand.

Thoughts began to fill my mind.