12. Knives

"Don't you realize?" Donovan yelled at me as he paced the room. "You're crazy!"

"What are you talking about?" I said with my hands on my hips.

"You think I haven't noticed what's been going on recently?" He said in a serious tone. "There's something seriously wrong with you. I've seen you set things on fire, with your fucking mind! And I've seen all this crazy shit happen, what the hell is going on?" He sat down with his hands going through his hair.

We were in a horrible argument. The past few weeks things have been hectic. Donovan doesn't seem the same. It made him angry, scared, confused, I can just tell. He's finally saying what's really on his mind.

I sat there, not knowing what to say. He's finding out.

"Don't just sit there! Say something! What the hell is wrong with my wife?" He yelled as he got up.

"And Ruby, too." He said in an angry tone. "There's something really odd going on with the two of you, I've noticed the same things. What the hell is going on!?" He said even angrier this time.

"There is nothing wrong with Ruby! Leave my daughter out of this!" I screamed. I needed to protect Ruby.

"There's definitely something wrong with you. I know it. I've seen things, things that aren't.. Human. I know what I've been seeing." He threw his hands up in the air. Then he walked over to the bookshelf and set a bunch of books down on the table, related to witchcraft,  demons, black magic, voodoo and Telekinis. Some of the same books I saw  on his nightstand a while back.

He has noticed for a long time but hasn't said anything to me. Instead it looks like he read every book that the library had so he can make some sort of sense of it.

"I kept doing everything I can to find out what the hell has been going on. I still can't figure it out, but I know I'm pretty close." He said with fear in his voice.

"That's enough!" I screamed. I wasn't going to hide this anymore. He knew too much. I couldn't keep my secret anymore now that he's on to me. I shut my eyes and he flew up to the air, and with a force hit the wall. He fell to the ground.

He was speechless. A look of terror was on his face. He quickly got up and ran to the kitchen and pulled out a knife.

"What the fuck did you just do—" Donovan said, and stuck the knife out in front of him. "Stay away from me. You're not..human. You're something. And you're not safe at all." He said, holding the knife out.

Suddenly the knife flew out from his hands and hit the wall behind me.