Sweet Chili Pepper

I am such a cunt for not updating in so long I am so sorry

The world had been overcome by trees. Every living person on earth had been turned into one, allowing the forest that Josh ruled over to expand globally.

Josh was not yet the king. He needed a queen, or another king, to claim the crown. It proved to be easy, until now.

Now, as Tyler kicked and screamed, Josh wished it was as easy as before. When they would lay in bed and lazily play with each other's fingers, or even back to a time when Tyler first came into the shop.

Josh watched as the trees dragged Tyler from the car, with gentle care, and let his family climb out after him. The trees surrounding them waited in anticipation for Josh to speak to Tyler.

The branches encased Tyler in a small chair, his arms and legs strapped down as he struggled against the restraints.

"Let me go!" He ordered, teeth gnashing as his head violently whipped from side to side.

"Tyler..." Josh said calmly, tears pricking his eyes. "I can't."

He approached Tyler, the flowers on his crown seeming to bloom more with each inch. Taking a knee in front of him, he searched for Tyler's eyes with his own.

"You're the only person to ever love me, Tyler." Josh confessed, bringing a stop to Tyler's rapid movements to escape.

"W-what?" Tyler questioned, breathless. He locked eyes with Josh, only to regret it. He was trapped in his loving gaze, one he not too long ago adored with all his heart. Now he cursed it for holding him prisoner.

"My real parents, they-they were too busy trying to take over the world like I have. They never paid attention to me, so I thought by doing this that I'd somehow earn their respect..."

He swallowed, his eyes falling to the dirt floor. "And my adopted parents never really cared for me. I was just some monthly government check to them. And when they found out what I really was, they were terrified. They tried to run away."

Josh clenched his fists, looking back up to Tyler once more. "But I made sure they couldn't. And now, they're trapped."

All Tyler could think about was how he got into this mess. Did Josh brainwash him, or did he really fall for the redhead ice cream boy? He didn't know what the truth was anymore.

"I don't want that to be you, Tyler. I want you to stay with me because you love me. Because I'm so goddamn in love with you that..." Josh chuckled weakly. "I'd do anything for you. Anything."

Tyler's voice cracked with oncoming tears as he replied. "Then let me go. Let my family go."

"No!" Josh yelled. He rose to his feet. "Don't you get it? I love you, Tyler! I've been so in love with you for so long, and to see you get hurt by your father was the last straw! I saved you!"

"No, you didn't! You murdered my father, you trapped me, and you're scaring what I have left of my family!" Tyler spat back.

Josh looked over his shoulder, finding the Joseph kids huddled behind their mother as the tree branches that hovered over them ensured they wouldn't escape.

Madison was scared now. Instead of embracing Josh, she cowered, tears running down her small face. Josh looked into her glossy eyes and saw what he had done.

Tyler was right. Tyler was always right.

Josh hung his head, falling to his knees. Loose dirt and dust flew up around him, settling on his clothes and his skin. Hunched over, he felt a tear trace his cheek.

"I'm so sorry, Tyler. I'm so sorry."

There was a pang of sorrow in Tyler's heart at the sight. A beautiful boy, who only wanted someone to love him and was desperate enough to murder and kidnap to just feel affection, was broken.

He was broken by the years of lost acceptance and family. He was broken by having only himself to rule the forest, with no-one to share the weight and joys of it.

Josh had been alone for the longest time.

"Josh." Tyler spoke.

Hesitantly, Josh brought his head up. He saw Tyler with tears glistening in his eyes and his body completely relaxed.

"I still love you. As much as I hate to admit it, you're still the boy I fell in love with. You've done bad things, but who hasn't? Y-" Tyler had to swallow to retain some semblance of strength in his voice.

"You need to be loved. And I can do that."

This was unbelievable. Tyler had forgiven him, and was willing to stay with him. His chest swelling with joy, he got to his feet again.

"You mean it?" He asked.

Tyler, with a firm nod and a bite of his lips, closed his eyes. "Forever."

The branches immediately released Tyler and guided him down to the forest floor, where Josh allowed his family to run up to him and engulf him in a large group hug.

Josh let him have the time to rejoice in their collective safety. As Tyler held Zack close to his body and allowed his mother to wrap his arms around him, he opened his eyes and looked to Josh.

Day could defeat the night, good could triumph over evil, and love could overcome fear.