Banana Split Decision

Tyler wasn't able to focus knowing he was one of the few remaining people on Earth. Yes, he forgave Josh, but he would constantly look around and think to himself, "This is it? Nothing more?"

In a matter of hours, buildings had been deconstructed; reduced to rubble by growing plants and trees.

Only three buildings were left standing: Tyler's little yellow house, Josh's house, and the ice cream shop. The little ice cream shop where Josh and Tyler fell in love.

As Tyler sat in Josh's kitchen once more as he soothed his wounds--a few skin abrasions from the branches--he looked around. The whole room had been consumed by foliage, with a woman standing in the corner, watching them.

She was no ordinary woman. She was tall, curvy, and had mossy skin with wood grain accents, as well as flowers dotting her body.

"Josh..." Tyler began, his voice low so as to not wake up his sleeping family in the next room. "Who is that?"

Josh peeked over his shoulder. "Her? She's one of my flowers. I call her Blomma sometimes, if that's easier." He said simply, returning to washing Tyler's skin.

Tyler winced, eyes still trained on her. She had a stern look on her face that betrayed her true feelings completely. She was jumping for joy that Tyler accepted Josh back into his heart. But in the presence of two royals, one must remain stoic.

"Oh." Tyler raised the volume of his voice. "It's, it's uh, nice to meet you, Blomma."

She bowed her head, hands tucked neatly in front of her. "Every pleasure is mine, my prince."

"Prince?" Tyler blurted. Josh had said it before, but it never really registered with him.

Josh stopped cleaning Tyler and coughed, signaling that he wanted Blomma to leave. She did so, fading into the vine-covered wall.

"Josh, what's that all about?" Tyler turned his attention back to the redhead, who pretended to be busy by unraveling foot after foot of gauze.

It didn't work out in his favor when he unrolled over 30 feet of the cloth, and he knew Tyler wasn't going to let it go.

Dumping the gauze on the table, Josh faced Tyler. "Uh, as you know, I'm the prince of the forest..." Josh rubbed the back of his neck.

"Obviously."

Smirking at Tyler's little attitude, he went on. "And in order to become king, I must marry. The whole forest, technically the entire world now, has been waiting for me to choose a prince or a princess. And I chose you."

Josh sheepishly smiled. Tyler's jaw fell slack, sitting back in his chair. A scoff escaped his mouth as well.

"So I'm-you're-we're..."

"Yeah." Josh said. "I didn't wanna propose like this, but..."

And so he slid down onto one knee, starting to produce a small ring out of tightly wrapped flower stalks and petals.

Tyler half screamed in fear and surprise before quieting himself and throwing his body onto Josh's. They tumbled to the floor, Tyler pinning Josh down.

"What'd I do?" Josh groaned. He tried to move, but Tyler had his head buried in his neck. He wasn't budging.

"Not like this." Tyler mumbled. "I'm not ready."

They stayed like that as Josh thought of a reply. He could barely think of one before he felt Tyler's body shake with sobs.

"Tyler?" He pushed the brunette, now weak, up off of him. He saw the tears rushing down his face and his heart hurt.

"I-I love you Josh, b-but I-I..." Tyler began. "I-I'm only 18."

"I know," Josh cooed. "And I want to wait, for you, but every passing second that I don't see a ring on your finger, I hate myself for screwing you up."

Josh wiped away a few of Tyler's tears as he felt his own come. "I want to grow old with you. I want to raise a family with you. I want to own the world with you. For you."

"I don't need the world if I have you, Josh. Please, just...can we wait?"

Leaning forward slightly and putting his forehead on Tyler's, Josh nodded. "Of course. I'll wait forever if I have to."