Chapter 4

Once we got home, I went straight to my room to change into the black tanktop, black leather jacket and leggings, dark gray boots, black studded belt, and then, to top off the 'get-away' outfit, awesome shades and some black eye shadow. 

There was a knock at my door and I opened it up to see Donn.

"What are you wearing?" He asked.

"I'm trying on my new clothes, but I think I'm going to bed soon." I lied.

"Ok. Well, goodnight." He said.

"Goodnight." I smiled and shut the door as he walked away.

Ok, time to put this plan into action! I had already grabbed all the boxes of poptarts he had bought and wrapped them in a small blanket.

So! Now I'm walking to the balcony to measure the fall. I was on the second floor out of three. It looked about three big blankets... So, I tied three long blankets together and called it good!

I tied the first one to the balcony railing and let the other side fall. I crawled over the railing and was just about to start heading down when I heard the door open and then suddenly Donn was in front of me.

It surprised me and I let go of the railing. I yelped as I started to fall backwards but Donn strong arms caught me and I was suddenly back in my room. 

"What the Hell do you think you're doing?!" He snapped. I looked up and what I saw was something I didn't think was good... A very angry looking Donn...

"I wanted to go home..." I said looking back at my feet.

"Well you almost killed yourself! So if home for you is heaven, you were doing a good job!" He roared. Definitely not a good thing...

"I'm sorry but you can't just keep me prisoner here!" I wasn't letting anyone take charge of me?! I'm my own boss! If I want to die, I die! If I want to live, I live! If I want to eat hot fudge sundae poptarts for the rest of my life, I eat hot fudge sundae poptarts for the rest of my life!

"You can't keep doing dangerous things! And at least I'm taking you outside the house and into town so be grateful God damnit!"

"You're not the boss of me!" I growled.

"If you didn't have a boss other then yourself, you'd have been dead long ago!" He said through clenched teeth.

"I-I-" I stuttered thinking of something to say. "I hate you!" I felt my own heart crack with regret after those words left my lips. He seemed pretty effected too. He froze and his eyes flashed regret as he stood frozen for a second.

"Alice, I'm sorry I yelled at you but I'm worried about you, ok? You almost died! Being your mate, I would've taken full blame for it... For not making you happy..." He said. God damnit! Enough with the emotions!

"I'm sorry too... I shouldn't have tried to runaway like that. I just didn't think I'd ever see my family again and I don't want them to go through another heartbreak. We've already lost my father, now they're losing me too..." I forced the tears stinging my eyes not to shed. I wasn't one to cry in front of other people.

"What if I take you to see your family most of the time when you want." He asked.

"But what am I suppose to tell them? 'Hey mom and Wendy. I've got a vampire mate who I now live with.'? You think they're going to be ok with that?"

"Tell them that you sold yourself to me so they didn't have to pay so much. Tell them I'm letting you see them whenever you want and that you're ok." A small smile crept onto my lips and I nodded.

"Ok." I kinda wanted to stay with Donn anyway...but I still wanted to see my family.

He walked over to me and pulled me into a hug. I fell into his warm embrace leaning onto his chest. It felt so...right. I smiled and closed my eyes falling into the moment.

He pulled away leaving me to wake from my daydreaming. "I will always try to make you happy Alice. Always remember that." He said looking down at me. I smiled and nodded my head.

"Thank you." I said.

"For what?" He asked with a small chuckle.

"For making me happy. I haven't been happy in a long time and being with you feels...right. It feels like the best thing in the world... Like I'm swimming in a pool of hot fudge sundae poptarts!" We both laughed.

"It's my job to make me happy." He smiled down at me and kissed my forehead. He drew back and for a second we just stared into each others eyes. I was running through his forest green eyes. The emerald orbs shinning brightly. They were simply amazing. 

I felt myself inching closer to his lips as his eyes stared down at my lips. Then his lips came crashing down on mine. I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck as his hands found their way to my hips.

It was a soft kiss for a second but then our hunger became stronger and we couldn't help ourselves. His hands lay just below my bottom rising me up a little so I wrapped my legs around his torso.

After that I found myself on top of a soft cushion, the bed. His lips left mine and went to my neck earning a pleasure filled moan from me. I dug my hands in his hair grabbing clumps of the soft, brown strands. He growled and went back to my lips. I drew back to get air but his hunger was to strong and her went right back in.

"How?" I gasped in between our kiss to make him stop so I could take a breath. Just as I planned, he drew back leaving me to get the air I needed.

"What do you mean 'how'?" He asked.

"How are you not out of breath like me?!" I asked taking in some air.

"Vampires choose when they want to breathe and when they don't and I didn't want to." He smirked. My lips were tingling from the amazing kiss.

"That was...amazing." I said

"I know." He agreed.

Now, me being the bad girl I am, I took one glance up at him smirking. The smirk explained everything and once again the fun began.

_________________________________

Q:Do you think Alice is going to try and escape anymore?

Hope you guys are liking it so far :D There's more to come. Trust me this book gets WAY more interesting. Like the next chapter! 

So enjoy, comment and read on <3