Voices Inside Of My Head

"Bye guys! See y'all in a week!" I called over my shoulder to Fred, Jo and Krista.

"Bye! Don't get killed!" Fred yelled, making people turn to look while Krista smacked him.
I rolled my eyes and I turned back around, searching for my dads car and after a moment, I found it. His giant gold land rover stood out like a sore thumb among the rest of the cars parked out the front of the school most of them being small sports cars or taxis,  for the children who's parents couldn't collect them.
I walked across the small parking lot, dodging the cars speeding towards the exit, and opened my car door.

"Hey dad" I greeted cheerfully,  sliding into the front passenger seat and slamming the door shut.  I threw my small duffel bag full of school books into the back seat before clipping in my seat belt.

"Hey Isa, still wearing the hood I see." Dad chuckled, while pulling out of his space and towards the exit.

"Yea, wait 'till we get home and I can finally get it off" I said, becoming antsy with the object constantly covering my head.

"I don't know why you insist wearing it. I mean, do any of your peers, teachers or friends actually know what you look like?" He asked,  turning into the highway and speeding up.

"No..." I mumbled, blushing slightly under my hood.

"So, why do you wear it again. You'd have all the boys chasing around after you if you got rid of it." He continued, making my anger flair for some unknown reason.

"Dad, I don't want the boys chasing after me!" I spat harshly.

"Wow, take of easy there, just a suggestion." He said, taking his hands of the wheel for a second to hold them up in surrender.

"Hands on the wheel!" I cried, valuing my life to much to lose it now.

"Whatever you say honey, whatever you say."

Night time came and I was feeling the usual pain in my chest. It was always there but was more prominent at night, I had been to several doctors and after a year and a half of tests, injections, scans and other torture, they put it down to heart burn. All that stress for such a common issue. I slipped on my nightgown which I had bought from Victoria Secret when I first got here.  It was my all time favourite night dress.

As I pulled it down to cover more of my legs I caught sight of the scar on my neck which had confused me to no end. It looked exactly like a bite mark but it was even weirder as I also had one on my right wrist and my left forearm but the list didn't stop there, no, on my left shoulder I had a deep scar about three inches long, as well as multiple others on my torso. The only one I knew how I got was the large stab mark on my stomach but I couldn't even remember the details of that. Ugghhh. I hated all the scars,  my dad said that having scars proved you were strong enough to survive through whatever cause them but I honestly didn't agree.  How could I possibly be strong if I couldn't remember how I got any of these scars? I began to feel the familiar feeling if fear creep into my system as I thought of the things I tried desperately to forget which was extremely hypocritical since the thing I wanted to forget,  was the fact I couldn't remember.  The fact I couldn't remember anything from my childhood after about the age of twelve and it was terrifying.

Sighing,  I looked in the mirror,  taking in my reflection.  I didn't get to see it much and as vain as it sounds,  I missed it.  People take their reflection forgranted because it was everywhere.  Even if you didn't really notice or want to look at it,  it would just pop up whenever.  In shop windows,  in car mirrors,  in bathroom mirrors,  anywhere with anything reflective.  Especially shopping malls. My chocolate brown hair fell down to my mid back with darker highlights streaking through it.  It was wavy but not curly a such,  give or take a few stubborn locks that wouldn't stay down.  My dull,  doe shaped brown eyes staired back at me,  scrutinising my appearance.  I had a little nose and uneven lips, by top slightly larger than my bottom one.  I was ghostly pail,  my tan from Phoenix long gone, which still upset me dreadfully.  My cheeks were blushed red from the cold night air as I shook slightly,  reminding myself that I was stood in my room in only a thin nightgown. 

I padded over to my bed before getting in and turning on my bedside light.  I pulled the duvet right up to my chest before realising I had left my bedroom light on. Sighing,  I looked around my bed before my eyes landed on my panda bean filled teddy. 

"Don't fail be now,  Mr Panda." I whispered before chucking the small teddy at my light switch. It smacked into the switch with a loud bang accompanied with a click and the room darkening,  now only lit by my bedside lamp.  "Oh,  yes,  she's still got it!"  I said,  congratulating myself.

Yea,  yea,  congratulations,  now get over it.  You need to remember. A voice said from in side my head.

I froze.  What.  The.  Hell. 

Hey,  hey,  no saying that. The voice snapped.

Oh my God!  I'm going mad!  Mad! 

DON'T SAY THAT EITHER,  FOR THE LOVE OF THE GODS. I was now being screamed at by a hallucination.

BUT YOU JUST SAID IT TOO.  And now I'm arguing with a hallucination.

NO I DIDN'T,  I SAID G- why am I even bothering with this?  I'm Isa and I'm telling you now.  You need to remember  I tried to dismiss the voice as a pigment of my imagination but something at the back of my mind was stopping me,  telling me this was real.

'Remember what?  Who are you why are you in my head?' I asked,  calming myself.

I waited a few minutes before she replied.  Remember

And then she was gone,  I was alone again and a feeling began brewing in my stomach. Something wasn't right.  I was being lied to.

Dun dun dunnnn

Whatcha think? 
Good
Bad
Meh?

🌟 Can you click the little star for me pleaseee🌟