Aphrodite

I hurriedly walked down the cold,  dimly lit Street, the late night breeze wrapping around my body. Stupid English weather

It was ten thirty at night and I had lost track of time while at the library,   I was studying all the books on Greek mythology even though I seemed to already know it somehow.  I had never had an interest in Greek mythology and had never learned about it so I didn't know how I could tell that some of the research and information was incorrect, yet the whiney little voice in my head kept pushing me to read on. 

Remember!  Remember!  I mocked in a high pitched voice. 

'Remember what exactly ' I thought with a huff.

"Hey there pretty lady"

I was pulled from my thoughts as a male voice pierced the silent air. 

"Not interested. I'm sixteen thank you very much. " I responded,  not bothered to look at him.

" Well,  I don't see any problems with that. " Another man said,  walking up from behind me. 

"Yea,  whatever,  leave me alone please,  thanks,  goodbye."  I said sarcastically,  increasing my pace even more. 

"Aww,  don't be like that sugar. " The first man said,  grabbing onto my wrist as the other man walked up in front of me.

I got a chance to look at their faces now.  They both seemed to be in their mid forties with greying hair and yellow teeth. 

Delightful.

" I strongly advise you get off me or I won't be held accountable for my actions." I hissed out through gritted teeth,  trying to pull my arm away.

"What's a sweet little thing like you,  going to do to us? " The man stood in front of me asked,  getting very close to my face. So close I could smell his disgusting,  rotten breath.

I ignored him until I felt his disgusting hand on my neck,  roaming over to the front of my shirt.  That's when I snapped. 

" GET YOUR FILTHY,  PERVERTED HANDS OF ME YOU CREEPS" I screamed,  shocking them both as I used my free arm to elbow the man holding my wrist in the face and used my knee to kick the other where the sun doesn't shine.  They both instantly fell to the ground In pain as I spun away from the pair of them. My previous captor slowly got up,  a trail of blood coming from his nose. He looked murderous.

"You little bitch. " he spat, causing me to shrug.

" I did warn you. "

He suddenly leapt at me, tackling me to the ground and swinging at my face with his fist.  Wow,  that's a first.

I screamed in pain using all my strength to shove him off me,  smacking my head into the ground in the process.  I must have used more force than intended because he went flying off me and knocked down the other man who seemed to have just recovered and got up. 

"Hey!  What's going on!" A female voice called before the sound of heels rushing towards us filled the air. 

I could hear doors opening and murmurs of people and I weekly pushed myself up using my arms. The heels got closer to me before I saw a lady sit down on the damp floor next to me. 

"Oh sweety,  it's okay.  The police are on their way. Your safe.  What's your name? " she said frantically,  a blonde lock falling into her face.

"Oh,  err.  I'm,  B-Bella"  I stuttered,  shivering slightly from the cold.

"Someone get her a blanket or a coat,  she's freezing." The lady called before shuffling was heard.  A few minutes later a large,  warm blanket was blamed over my shoulders. 

I could hear sirens in the distance and I got a strange feeling of deja vu. 
Charles a cop. Wait.  Who's Charlie?

"It's okay,  the cops are almost here now." The lady said. 

"What's your name?" I asked,  suddenly realising I hadn't asked yet.

She looked at me,  her eyes seemed conflicted.  "My name's Aphrodite." She said finally. 

My eyes widened slightly as images flashed behind my eyelids.

"I was trying to get you back from Bella la la land" she huffed whilst I giggled.
Giggle? I never giggled. Apparently I wasn't the only one to notice this.

"Ha! You're giggling like me!" Aphrodite squealed.

I must have had a horrified expression as Aphrodite burst into a whole new round of uncontrolled laughter. I sat there glaring at her the whole time until she calmed down.

"You done?" I asked sarcastically after she had calmed down.

~~~

"Come on ,  come on,  come on!" Aphrodite squealed excitedly,  dragging me along through the seemingly endless hallways.

"Aphrodite,  chill,  I'm sure the ice-cream shop isn't going anywhere." I laughed.

"Whatever,  I want my chocolate ice-cream still." She responded,  making me roll my eyes. 

~~~

"I-I know you." I stuttered, sitting up fully.

"You remember?" She gasped, excitement in her eyes.

"Well,  no,  not really, but I just had some like,  flashbacks?  Something about me giggling and you wanting to get ice-cream."

The sound of shouting made me flinch,  causing Aphrodite to wrap her arms around me.  I turned to see three cops cuffing the two men and shoving them into separate patrol cars.  One if them turned and looked at me before walking over. 

"Are you okay miss?" He asked,  concern clear in his eyes. 

"Yea,  I'm just a bit shaken I guess."

"He got a good hit at you face,  but I can't see a cut. " He said after a moment of studying me. 

"Oh,  huh.  I'm a quick healer."  I rushed out. 

"Sure thing kid."  He said,  a sceptical look evident in his eyes.  " If you could come down to the station tomorrow to give a statement then we'll be able to go from there okay?  Do you need a lift home? "

" Actually officer, I'll be talking the young lady home if that's okay. " Aphrodite said,  smiling lightly as she stood up before helping me up too.

" Come on Bella;  we need to talk."