Balls and celebrations

Breathing in the warm air, I leant back against the strong willow tree that I had found hidden at the back of the school. Listening to the relaxing rustle of the leaves as they danced in the wind, I watched a few small fairies and pixies chasing each other around a few meters away from me while wondering how had ever forgotten such wonderful place and part of my life.

Exhaling deeply, I stood up, dusting the sand off me before making my way back over to the school building. It was fair to say that once I had received all my memories back, I didn't really react well, throwing the glass harshly at Jaspers head before cursing at the rest of them in greek for a few minutes straight and storming out. it was at least fun to see the humans faces.

Oh, that's weird. I'm not one of them anymore... I wonder what they know?

Weaving through the quieter parts of the school in order to avoid as many people as possible, I eventually made it back to where I was staying with the others. I opened the door to see everyone's beds empty with various dresses, jewellery and shoes sprawled about the room as the sound of water pounding on the floor informed me that they were all in the showers for some reason. Normally the shower right before bed and it was only nine now. Whats going on? I heard a shower turn off before footsteps approached me and soon Jo was stood in front of me in only a towel, her long blonde hair was wet and hanging messily down her back.

"Isa!" she exclaimed happily. "Whats going on?" I gave her a shrug, ignoring the questioning look in her eyes, not really wanting to explain it to everyone separately before asking her the same questing in return. "Oh, they're having a ball or a party they said to dress up nice and be down there by nine thirty... that's in half an hour! Quick- you shower while I get ready, tell the others to get out too!" she practically yelled before shoving me into the bathroom and throwing a towel at me.

Fifteen minutes later, I was out of the shower, waiting for the others to leave so that I could do my hair and makeup and get dressed.

ugh, leave already, please.

As if sensing my irritation, Krista got everyone together and within a few minutes, they were gone. I looked at the clock, reading 9;23 and shrugged, guess I'll be fashionably late, right?

Pulling off my hoodie, I was now in only my lacy underwear, as I began to blow dry and straighten my hair to perfection. After about fifteen more minutes I had done both my hair and makeup, not needing to do much for either as I'd never been overly keen on blocking up my pores with the junk.

I walked over to the wardrobe where we had each hung a few of our nicer outfits before realising I had no dresses? I could have sworn I packed one. oh, sugar.

I was about to go into full panic mode before I had a sudden realisation. I had some nice dresses when I was here before right? That means I just need to go to my old room.

Slipping on a large shirt, I open the door before dashing down the hallways, praying that no one would see me and they'd all already be at the party. To my luck, no one was around and I soon found myself passing through endless amounts of luxury dresses that I had dearly missed. I looked through them all, none of them really catch my eye until my eyes landed upon a white, Greek goddess styled gown. The top had a gold ribbon which wrapped around my neck to hold it up while there was a deep slit in the centre of it, going straight between my breasts to the gold waistband resting high on my torso. It was beautiful and had another slit on the skirt going from my mid-thigh to the floor, sweeping elegantly as it moved.

Slipping it on, I admired myself in the large mirror, taking a deep breath before slipping on my shoes, a few pieces of jewellery and spraying myself with perfume

Slipping it on, I admired myself in the large mirror, taking a deep breath before slipping on my shoes, a few pieces of jewellery and spraying myself with perfume. I'd have to ask Jay why he still had all my stuff lying around in here.

I walked over to the door, hesitating as I questioned if I could really do this. Could I go out and show my face after all his time, my hood, the only security blanket I had, gone.

It was then I realised that I could and everything would be fine because the hood was no longer my only security blanket, I had Jasper now, and he was so much better.

I quickly opened the door and walked out, freezing as I saw two of my classmates but relaxing when they walked past me without as much as a second glance.

They didn't know it was me! Of course, they wouldn't.

I followed them from a distance, realising I had no idea where this event was being held or why even. they seemed to walk for ages and I began doubting they were even going to the party as they left the school building and began heading for a wall of trees, yet the closer we got I began hearing music, laughter and chatting, leading me to believe that we were actually near the party. Walking through a small gap in the trees, I was shocked to see a large clearing decorated with thousands of fairy lights and a large disco ball somehow floating in the centre. wow.

There were tables full of food and drink on one side and everyone was either dancing to the beautiful music or talking around the edges. everywhere I looked, there were people smiling and I noticed my group of friends stood over my the chocolate fountain. typical.

I slowly made my way over to them, smiling as Jo looked at me then continued looking around as if she was looking for someone. I walked right up to them and began talking.

"You all look beautiful, I didn't even bring any nice dresses with me I don't think if I did I lost it somehow. oh well, got this pretty thing now, huh." I commented, laughing slightly as they all stared at me with wide, confused eyes. "oh come on guys, surely you recognise my voice at least, right?"

I slowly saw their eyes light up in shock and amazement as one by one they all screamed, "ISA!" before leaping on me.