3. Thinking About You

Chapter Three

L P.O.V

"Lay," Romano muses from behind his menu. "Have you decided on what you're going to order?"

"Hm?" I look up. "No, not yet. I want to try something new today." My phone vibrates. I set my menu down on the table and retrieve my phone from my purse. Clicking the screen on I deactivate the pattern and tap my latest text message. Seeing Bruno's name a smile tickles my cheek. On the screen is a picture of Bruno on SNL dressed in all pink as a woman. In big white letters it reads: "You're just mad 'cuz I'm young and I got a debit card." He has a goofy look on his face. Just under the photo are two comments.

"And I know where the party is!" The first person comments. *Twerks* the second person adds. 

"What happens when you fans post meems on your Twitter. Theses are my fans!" I laugh to myself and type a quick response. 

"You gotta love 'em! Nice sneaker heels Melanie. :p" I tuck my phone back into my purse just as Romano looks at me.

"What was that?"

"Bruno sent me a meem one of his fans posted on his page, one from when he was on SNL." 

"I can see where this is going," Romano starts a smile on his face. "It's from the part when he dresses up as a woman right?"

"Yeah, it was a good show. I know he enjoyed hosting."   

"He has this 'stage presence' that gets people riled up. I can't say I don't like his style."   "Yeah, the people love him," I laugh back just as our waiter returns to our table. He inquires if we are ready and following that we order our meals.

_____

Romano pulls up to my apartment, putting the car into park. He turns off the engine leaving us sitting in dim light. He turns to me and reaches for my chin bringing it to meet his. Kissing me fastidiously, his lips hold on to mine as long as they can until he breaks away. He stays close.   "How was your dinner?" He asks. His eyes gaze into mine.   "Great, almost as great as this." I return his kiss with my hand over his. He bites his lip his hand inching up my thigh.   "Stay the night," he plants a delicate kiss on my neck. He continues down my neck kissing my collar bone. Touching his neck I tousle the hair at the nape. I gently push his hand back down my thigh.   "Shh, wait." he stops and I guide his face to mine.

"I'll be right back." I give him a quick peck and step out of his car. Just as I set inside my apartment my phone goes off in my purse. "I'm Ron Burgundy and you stay classy San Diego."; I chuckle. I take my phone out and open another text from Bruno.

"Yeah, that was HILARIOUS! You shoulda seen your face man!"

"Bruno, what are you talking about?" I text.

"My bad Rosi, that was supposed to go to Phil."

 "Oh so you don't want to let me in on the joke? I see how it is."

 "I didn't mean it like that Rosi lol Me and the guys pulled a prank on Phil at the studio earlier and he still isn't over it."  

"Lol of course you did."  

"My bad if I interrupted anything."  

"No, it's cool."  

"Good. There was something I was meaning to ask you earlier but I forgot, you and Romano wanna meet me and Jess for dinner on Thursday around 8? We didn't really get a chance to talk much at the reunion."  

"Sure, I'll let Romano know. We only work days so we should be free around that time. You have a restaurant in mind?"  

"Nah, not yet we'll figure it out."  

"Alright, cool. See you later this week then. :)"  

"Yeah, see you!" Bruno texts back.  

I grab an outfit along with my classic Chucks and head back out to Romano.  

"What took you so long?" he whines.  

"Bruno texted me by accident. He wants to know if we wan to go our for dinner with he and Jessica later this week."  

"Shhh," he silences me with a kiss.

"Let's go." We drive off.   

Reaching his apartment, he exits the car coming around to open my door. I get out and the two of us enter his place. As soon as we're inside I put my things down, leave my shoes at the door. I hear the door lock, then footsteps behind me. Walking to the living room I start taking the bobby pins out of my hair letting it down over my shoulders. I set them on the table and take a seat on the couch looking over my shoulder.  

Romano advances, leaving his shoes by the door as well as he takes off his coat and suit jacket tossing them over the arm chair. I grab the stereo remote and hit play, John Legend's smooth sound courses through the room. The bass of the sound system causes the floor to pulsate with every boom of the back beat. Romano leans over me and resumes kiss my neck making his way down as his hands find my thighs. Music filling my ears I tilt my head back a quiet moan escaping my lips.    Music plays on and on into the night. I loose myself somewhere in the ebbs and flows of the notes, Romano's body interlaced with mine. 

____

I wake up to the sent of rich coca, swimming through the air. Romano shifts beside me.

"Buenos dias (Good morning)," He kisses my forehead. "Smells like breakfast is ready." He stands headed for the kitchen in his boxers. He stretches rotating his arms as he walks, flexing his shoulder blades on purpose as he glances over at me a smirk plastered on his face. I smile back, eyeing his muscle structure. I swear those gym runs and Kizomba classes do something for that man. I pull on my tee shirt and a pair of shorts. He returns to the couch with two cups of thick Spanish hot chocolate. Oh his second trip back to me he brings a large plate full of churros. He sits down beside me. 

"You did bring the chocolate!" I almost squeal reaching for the mug.  

"Of course, I told you I would." His accent rolls over the r's in his sentence naturally. He pulls the coffee table closer to us.  

"And the churros?" I ask rolling my r's.  

"I made them from scratch, they're my abuela's old recipe." I choose one dipping it into my chocolate before I take a bite. My eyes widen as the chocolate and cinnamon dance across my tastebuds coating my whole mouth.   

"They're SO good. You're going to teach me how to make these." He chuckles swallowing the first bite of his churro. "What?"  

"Babe, you have chocolate on your lip," He leans in kisses me, licking the chocolate off. "There we go." I shove him in the arm and we resume our breakfast. Leaning against him I pull the throw blanket over my legs and turn on the news taking a bite of my second churro with a a sip of chocolate.   

After the news the daily talk shows start, one after the other. Halfway through the second Romano stands to take our dishes to the kitchen. He washes them, puts them away and heads for his bedroom. I hear the shower come on. By the time the talk show is over Romano returns to the kitchen. He is in khaki trousers, a black button down, grey sweater and black suit jacket with a white infinity scarf. His favorite Nikon hangs around his neck, his back brief case in hand. His brown aviators sit on his forehead. He sets his bag and newly brewed cup of coffee down on the table as he takes his seat next to me. He pushes his feet into this cream and brown oxfords and starts tying them.  

"You have a job today," I say looking at him attempting to look mad.  

"I know, lo siento (I'm sorry). I was going to tell you." His eyes are honest.   

"It's ok," I smile. "I'm just messing with you."   

"Good." He takes a sip of his coffee.

"You'll be here when I get back right?" I nod. "Puedo tener un beso?" (Can I have a kiss?) He asks.     "Si." (Yes).  I give him a kiss, his breath smells of cinnamon sugar and chocolate with a touch of hazelnut coffee.   

"See you later." He says stepping out the door. "I love you."  

"Love you too Rome." I chime back. As the door closes my phone vibrates against the wooden coffee table. Picking it up, a new text message blinks on the screen.