II

Draco's parents held back their disbelief and anger. Surprised faces filled the castle, from both sides. Voldemort glared at Draco, waiting for more.

    "I never wanted this," Draco began, walking forward. "My life was chosen for me." he reached inside his suit, slowly drawing out his wand, pointing it at Voldemort. "But that has changed!"

    Before Draco could curse Voldemort, Harry suddenly sprung out of Hagrid's arms, causing an uproar of horror and shock. Harry shot a spell at Nagini before running toward the castle to escape Voldemort's blasts. Death Eaters began dispersing into the sky. Draco's parents inspected him, but he turned away, following the rest of the student's toward the castle. Voldemort fallowed Harry, shooting spells and curses at him, causing the rocks to tumble.

    Neville quickly ran toward Nagini and shouted as he cut the snake in two with the sword. Voldemort stopped casting spells at Harry and fell to the ground. Spirits flew up into the sky as the snake dissipated into the air. Voldemort turned to Neville with hate, and shot the last unforgivable curse to him. Neville barely dodged the blast.

    From behind Neville, came the shout of betrayal, and Draco Malfoy ran up; now standing in Neville's spot. He stood in front of Neville protectedly, who lied in the floor. Draco pointing his wand at the Dark Lord fiercely.

    "Oh Draco," Voldemort taunted. "Join me. You were chosen -"

    "No!" Draco cried, in his usual cowardly tone. "I was forced! I could never make my own decisions because I was afraid of you! But I'm not anymore! I will fight for what's right - or die trying." His voice now filled with the bravery he had found moments before.

    Voldemort clenched his teeth and spat. "Then I'll save you the trouble," he rose his wand.

    "Or we can finish this, Tom. You and me." Harry interrupted from behind Voldemort, who sprung around, eyes blazing. They immediately jabbed their wands forward, shouting their spell and curse, as beams of red and green collided.

    Draco helped Neville up and they moved away, watching, wide eyed. Harry was too strong and Voldemort's curse rebounded; and with one last cry filling the air, he disintegrated into ash.

Sorry I took Neville's big moment from the movie away, but Draco is the focus of this story :P