III

People began filing out of the castle ruins. Harry stood in a daze, and Draco and Neville walked over to him. Harry looked up.
"You did good Neville, well done." he said nodding to him.
"Thanks" Neville responded, holding the sword up. "You can thank Dumbledore for this." Draco looked to the ground at the mention of the great wizard.
"And you," Harry said to Draco, who looked up at Harry's stone complexion. It softened. "Thanks." he held out his hand for Draco to shake. Draco breathed out a little smile, and shook his hand.
From across the quart yard, came running, Ron and Hermione.
"Harry!" Hermione cried, as she flung her arms around him. They hugged fiercely. Ron joined in. Neville smiled over to Draco and they started walking back toward the dazed crowd.
"Thank you - for saving me. I mean it." Neville turned to face Draco.
He smiled. "Of course, I've always cared about you all." Neville threw his arm on Draco's shoulder, looking down at the ground with a smile. Relived the war was over.
Professor McGonagall stepped down to ground level once Draco walked over. She put her hand on his shoulder gently, and smiled. "I knew it was in you, Malfoy. One day you'd find your voice. I expected great things, and we all got it." her eyes beamed through her spectacles.
Draco smiled back, widely. "Thank you, professor."
Draco watched as the trio disappeared toward the bridge. He turned back around to see bittersweet looks on everyone else. The war was over. They were safe. And he was excepted back where he had wanted to stay from the beginning.
He was finally living in the life where he belonged. And he chose it.

How is it so far?? Sorry this got up so late. I've been visiting New York this week. Anywho, I'm close to figuring out a good plot, so the next chapters should be leading up to it.