Enough! (10)

Adelaides POV

I closed my eyes, drifting off for a few minutes. Only it wasn't long before the figure interrupted my dreams, only this time I was watching while Miraz tortured Peter. I tried to stop, I tried to run forward but my legs didn't cooperate. Some unseen force was preventing me from rescuing my husband. My breathing became erratic when Miraz raised his sword above Peters heart. Both men looked into my eyes, one with love and the other with amusement. To the sound of my scream, Miraz brought down the sword.

I sat bolt upright, Peter next to me. I couldn't regain my breath.

"Addy, look at me. You're safe. No one is hurting you. I'm fine. Deep breaths." Peter said, holding my head in his hands, forcing me to look at him. Soon I began breathing evenly.

"Peter, can I go and look around?" I asked. My legs felt better, my back was aching but I figured they army would need my help in the battle, meaning I would have to get used to fighting without wings again. Peter nodded and put his arm around my waist as I stood up. Using Peter as a crutch, I managed to make my way out. After exiting the small room, every head turned to us. In unison, every being present bowed to both me and Peter. I smiled at them.

Peter lead me around showing me the training area, the cooking station and so on. As we passed the training area, a mouse ran up to me.

"Your Highness, I thought I would introduce myself formally to you. I am Sir Reepicheap, knight of Narnia. I am the descendent of Ayotus." Reep bowed gracefully. I smiled at him. I outstretched my finger and he shook it gratefully.

"It is a pleasure to meet you noble mouse." I said. He nodded then surried back to continue training.

"Adelaide!" I heard a voice shout. I turned around to see Caspian running over. I noticed Peter tense up and he put his hand on my lower back, supporting me standing. I shot him a warning look; Lucy had filled me in on the tension between the two.

"Hello again Caspian. I wanted to thank you for rescuing me. Most people would have ignored my cries but you did not. Thank you." I thanked the boy. He looked the same age as Peter, maybe a year older.

"I'm just glad to see you are alright." He came over to hug me and I gladly accepted. Caspian pulled back and refused to look at Peter. I knew why. Lucy had told me how cold Peter had been and how dismissive of Caspian's input he was. She also informed me of the argument between the two before Edmund brought me down.

"Well Caspian, I believe Peter has something he would like to say to you." I turned to my husband and looked at him expectedly. He gave me a look as if to object, however I motioned for him to go on.

"I am not apologising for what I said, Adelaide. He was the reason you were at the Telmarine Castle. He was the one who blew the plan. He created the loss of your wings." I stepped back from Peter. I cannot believe he was being like this. At this time we should be pulling together not falling apart.

"Peter! No one was the cause of my being in that castle. Miraz is the one responsible for my torture. Aslan is the reason I was sent to the place where the soldiers caught me. Are you challenging Aslan now? No! If Caspian hadn't run up that exact corridor to reach Miraz, he would not have found me. You could have called of the raid Peter, but you didn't. You wanted to be a hero again. I do not know what you have become Pete, but either sort it out, or I cannot see myself staying with you." I warned. Peter looked down as I stepped closer to Caspian. Before I could walk of with Caspian, Peter glared at him and snapped further.

"I should have killed you when I had the chance. You being here is pointless, you are pathetic and unfit to lead let alone rule." Peter's voice shouted, catching the attention of Narnians.

"Peter enough!" I shouted. Peter stopped. Caspian turned and walked off. I looked back at Peter, shook my head and followed Caspian.

I saw shadows down the corridor. Quietly followed. Eventually I got to the stone table room. I heard growling and talking, but I couldn't make out what it was. The growling and speech was sounding evil. Any words that were being spoken sounded like an incantation. I moved around the corner more and heard the spell more clearly. It was being spoken in the old Narnian tongue. The language had all but died out. Only the outer villages spoke it when I lived in Narnia. Mr and Mrs Beaver knew some of it, and taught me the basics. A crash was heard and a flash of white. The flash reminded me of the one that broke the white witches wand. I then realised, they were resurrecting her.

I felt the cold pinch of ice near. The brush of cold air filled the passage. I moved around the corner and hid behind a pillar. Caspian looked unaware of the situation he was in. The ice covered the arch behind the stone table, blocking my father's picture. The body of the witch emerged in the ice. I held in my gasp.

"This isn't what I wanted!" Caspian cried, stepping back. The bear, wolf thing growled at him, holding Caspian's hand out to the witch.

"One drop of Adam's blood will free me. Then I am yours my king." The witch said.

"Don't Caspian, she'll kill us all!" I shouted, exposing my hiding spot. The dwarf grabbed his dagger of iron and walked towards me. I tried to kick out at him, but he managed to push over my still healing body. Holding the dagger to my neck, not touching the skin, he had me pinned.

I helplessly watched the hag lady, much like the one that nearly killed me in the battle of Beruna, cut Caspian's hand. The witch pushed her hand through the ice. As Caspian stared into the eyes of the witch, he became bewitched, moving forward freely to give the witch what she desired.

"Stop!" Peter ordered, running into the room followed by Trumpkin and Edmund. I couldn't see any battles going on but I heard the sound of swords swinging. I then felt the weight of the dwarf fall off of me, with an arrow lodged in its side. I looked to see Trumpkin holding up his bow. I nodded in thanks. I saw Peter kill the hag lady, Edmund about to kill the other creature. Lucy ran into the room, standing next to Trumpkin.

"Get away from him!" Peter commanded. I saw he had pushed Caspian aside and taken his place. I walked closer too him, ready to stop him from bringing the reason I nearly died back to life.

"Peter dear, I've missed you," the witch said pushing her hand through the ice in a calm manner, "just one drop." She encouraged. I stepped closer to Peter, me now about 5 metres from him.

"Peter! Please think about what you are doing. I'm sorry for what I said earlier, please just come to me." I pleaded. The witch and Peter turned to me. When the witch looked at Peter again, Peter had the same expression Caspian once did.

"You know you can't protect her by yourself." The witch smirked. I began calling Peters name as he lowered his sword. Before I could move to get him out of her gaze, a sword broke through the ice, directly in the witch's stomach. The ice shattered into many tiny fragments, revealing Edmund behind it.

"I know, you had is sorted." Edmund sassed. I smiled at him. Susan entered the room, shook her head at peter, and then helped me leave the room. I didn't even glance at Peter once.