Chapter one.

Nay's POV.
        I stepped into the school building looking around carefully trying to find anyone I knew from my new neighbourhood. I'd just moved from Albany and I just transferred to the new school. I wasn't really paying attention to my surroundings as I ran into some, my books dropping to the ground "whoa!, sorry!" I heard a deep country accent say to my as we  bought bent down to pick up the books, we looked up the same time and his jaw slacked as he blabbered and blabbered trying to say something, I just smiled "Hey" I said, trying to be friendly, he just blabbered some more as we stood up again.

       "You......you're new here" he said, not really asking a question, but just stating facts, "yeah, I just moved here from Albany, I'm Nay" I said reaching out my hand that wasn't holding books to him "Sawyer" he said with a smile, "well, I'll see you around......Sawyer". I said teasingly as I walked off with off with a small smirk, I think I might like it here.

          It was break time so I decided to check out the sports in the school, I used to play football back in Albany and I was quarterback. "Hey!, you lost?!" I turned around and saw a dark skinned boy looking at me as I stood just in front of the field "not if this is the football field" I said saucily, he smirked and walked over to me "you play football?" He asked with an amused smirk on his face "yeah" I said my face threatening him to say more "well okay then" he said with a flirty wink.

             I returned the wink as we both laughed "I'm Troy" he said reaching out to shake me, I took his hand "Nay, from Albany" he smiled as we walked into the field, practice had already started "Troy!, you're late!" The coach yelled at him as he grabbed his helmet and joined them on the field "and who might you be missy?" I remained blank as I saw everyone begin to gather around "I'm Nay, I'm new from Albany and I want to try out for the team coach!" He gave me a one over and said "have you ever played?" I smiled "since I was five coach!, been playing for eleven years and I was a quarterback in my old school" he nodded with approval "well, we don't have football gear ready now, so you can come back later if you like?" "No sir, all I need is a helmet coach!" I said picking up a helmet and heading on field.

                 The coach watched me put on my helmet and smiled "well then, get on field people!, Nay plays as quarterback!, Sawyer as receiver!, game time!" I noticed there was only one girl on the team "oh hi Sawyer!" I said quickly with a quick wave, he had an amused smirk on his face as he waved back. They all got in position as I called it "Hiy!.....hiy! hiy!" I yelled as they passed me the ball and I threw it...hard to Sawyer, I saw the amazed looks on everyone's faces as they watched the ball fly, he jumped up and caught the ball before falling back into the end zone doing a stupid touchdown dance as I laughed.

         "Nay!, you're in!" I took off the helmet and threw it to the ground and did a proper dance as Sawyer cheered me on making me giggle, I gave him a quick hug, cause I needed to hug someone "you can be quarterback pro" the girl quickly pushed out "em hi!, remember me coach?!, Bella?!, your quarterback?!, pro?!" Then coach sighed "oh yeah, sorry kiddo, Nay is really great and...." She cut him off, "no no no no!, I worked super hard to be quarterback and she can't just waltz in here, all pretty and take my spot!" I frowned at her "watch it blondie!" I yelled as they all looked shocked, not expecting me to fight back "you can keep your spot, I don't even care, as long as I'm playing football.....I'm good" I said honestly, out the corner of my eye I saw Sawyer smile at me "well you can play as second receiver with Sawyer" I nodded trying to hide my smile "yes coach" I said before dropping the helmet and leaving.