Chapter 6

Your POV

Lacey's party was okay, apart from her her giving me the evil eye every 5 minutes then going to flirt with Shadow. It's a good thing Amy, Maria and Rouge were here with me, or I would have looked like a stupid outcast.

At one point, I saw Lacey ask Shadow something. He gave an annoyed look, but followed her to the veranda outside. I got suspicious, but I didn't follow them; I'd be like some kind of stalker. Someone tapped my shoulder. I turned to see Amy blushing as he said, "Uh, (Y/N)? Do you know where your brother is?" I gave a smirk saying, "Why? You worried someone else got to him?" She blushed harder and stuttered, "Sh-Shut up. Just tell him I'm looking for him." 

I nodded and started to make my way through the crowd, when something caught my eye. I peeked out into the veranda, to see Shadow and Lacey. I wish I never looked, reason being that they were making out. My heart immediately shattered at the sight (cliché, I know). I held back the tears and ran away from there.

I found Sonic and told him that Amy was looking for him. We made our way back to Amy, Maria and Rouge. "Found him. And, um, guy? If anyone asks where I am, tell them I went home." I didn't let anyone saying anything else, because I immediately burst out of the house and once I got out, I burst into tears and sped towards a nearby forest.

Shadow's POV

This idiot's party isn't half bad. The only reason I came was because (Y/N) was here. I tried to go over to her, but every time I did, Lacey would come over and start to flirt with me, which annoyed me to hell. Few minutes later, Lacey came over to me saying, "Hey, Shadow? Can you come over here for a sec?"

I give an annoyed look, but followed her anyway. It was possibly the only way for her to leave me alone for the rest of the night. We got to the veranda and I crossed my arms. "Alright, what do you want?" She came closer. I shouldn't have asked that. She came even closer saying, "Nothing much. Just you..." Dafuq? Was she trying to seduce me? Clearly this girl is drunk. Then again, she is a maniac.

Our face were just inches apart. "Think about it, Shadow. Just you and me... You don't need anymore else..." I leaned Beck, but she came even closer. "Lacey, what the—" I couldn't finish the sentence, because I was interrupted by her, pressing her lips against mine. I didn't kiss her back; I didn't like her. I pushed her away, and also kinda heard footsteps, but that didn't matter.

"What the hell are you doing, Lacey?!" "C'mon, Shadow, I was just trying to kiss you" she said I a flirty tone, which didn't convince me to do anything. "Well, then why don't you go find a guy who actually wants to kiss you?!" and I quickly ran back inside to find (Y/N) to tell her how I really feel about her.