Chapter 5

Hermione Granger was officially pissed and humilated. Admittedly, she did look like a beaver with her buck teeth and longish face, but to call her a toad was just over the line. And to think that the nice grey-eyed boy was one of the bug bullies.

Stomping out of the carriage, she decided to try her luck in the next carriage. Knocking on the door, she peeped in. "Excuse me, did you guys see a toad?" The two boys in the carriage froze, one with his wand out pointed at a rat. Wow, he can do magic already! That is just so cool. She turned her attention to the red haired boy immediately. "You're doing magic? Let's see it then."

The boy puffed out his chest and said in a regal tone. "Sunshine daises, butter mellow; turn this stupid, fat rat yellow!" There was an awkward pause in the cabin. Nothing happened.

"I don't think that is a real spell," she said hesitantly. Yet, upon seeing the red-haired boy's face droop, she hastily changed the subject. "It was a good attempt though! I'm Hermione Granger. How about we go through some spells together?"

And just with that a friendship was formed.

However, she did not realised that outside the compartment, there was a grey-eyed boy eavedropping on the conversation, debating with himself whether to enter the compartment.

HEY GUYS, sorry for the late upload, been having tons of exams! Like examinations for a month already! Please read, vote and follow (: