The Startover

It had been about three days since the mercenaries had fled to the badlands, everyone had started gathering what they could from destroyed buildings trying to salvage what was left of their homes. It was getting late as Commander Taylor leaned over his balcony, watching his people head home after another long day. A roar ripped through the forest sending birds into the sky, Taylor pulled up his binoculars and scanned the tree line. Three Slashers powered into the clearing, hot on the heels of a young woman, struggling to keep her distance from them.

"SLASHERS" Taylor screamed, leaping down the staircase.

A flurry of soldiers flooded the main entrance as onlookers craned to see what was happening. Jim Shannon raced to Taylors side, his wife in tow, strapping his holster tight around his arms.

"Taylor, what's happening" Jim asked

"Take a look"

Taylor handed Jim his binoculars as the first blast flew through the air, just missing the Slashers. The woman screamed as the blast knocked her off her feet. She scrambled forward, ducking as the first tail hit the ground beside her, narrowly missing her arm. Reaching forward, she grabbed a rock and pegged it as hard as she could, hitting one of the Slashes in the eye. It reeled back and shook its head, snapping at whatever moved nearby, thankfully it was one of its fellow attackers.

"Reynolds, go get her, Shannon, with me, lets get a transport prepped and bring 'em home" Taylor looked and the gunners above him "Cover him"

Mark looked over his shoulder, spotting Maddy. He took a deep breath and then raced forward, firing at the closest Slasher. Seeing another target coming out, the two slashers attacking each other turned on him, screeching as they closed in. Another sonic blast landed right between Mark and the Slashers, giving him a chance to pull the girl to her feet.

"Come on, go, go, go" He yelled, dragging her along.

A tail flew around, cutting into her back and Marks arm. She screamed and collapsed, knocking Mark over, he reached for his gun, wincing as he fired at the beast. One finally gave up and turned away, but the other two pushed on. Mark couldn't hold onto his gun any longer, his arm fell to his side. One Slasher grabbed her leg and dragged her back, the other jumped at Mark.

"FIRE" Taylor yelled, as his rover sped forwards

Riley blasted the Slasher in mid air, throwing it back into the other. It dropped the girl and fled, growling as another blast hit it again. Mark pushed himself up and reached for the her, trying to get some sort of response. Taylor slid beside them and lifted her arm around his neck, she cried as his other arm crossed her back. Shannon grabbed Mark and got him into the transport. Riley traced the treeline, covering them in case another creature broke out. Doctors and nurses buzzed about, tending to their wounds. Maddy broke past the blockade and made it to Marks side, tears streaked her cheeks as he squeezed her hand.

Ok, this is my fist time publishing any of my work so please, be kind. I'd love to hear feedback and if you have any ideas as to what is gonna happen, please let me know. I'd love to have other peoples input into my story. I loved the first season of Terra Nova and wanted to know what would happen next, but seeing as it wasn't continued, via tv or novel, i decided to make my own. I hope that you enjoy this and fall in love with the series all over again.