Chapter 5: Duet

3rd person P.O.V:

After a short while, Zoey came back up the ladder with a half sad half happy expression on her face. 

"She's sick from lack of nutrients. On the plus side," A small smile starts on her face "She's having babies. She's due in a few days but I... don't know if she'll make it."

"I'll keep her, nourish her to good health. As much as I can at least, I want her to feel loved even if it's for a little while."

Levin's P.O.V:

'She's so kindhearted and sweet. I can't help but fall for her.'  Y/N stood up and asked Zoey permission to go down and see her. She came back up with the dog in her arms. 

"I've already decided to call her P/N." she said. I smiled sweetly at her.

"You're a very kindhearted girl, Y/N." She blushed and turned around in an attempt to hide it. 'Wait- is she- is she blushing?'

While she was busy feeding her, I wanted to see if she left anything back in the old guard station. As I was going to leave she came over to me.

"Lord Levin," I could feel my face flush. "y-yes, Y/N?" "Can I move into a house or build my own? I- I don't really mind living in the jail building it's just I still feel like a prisoner there."

"Of course you can Y/N, I'll help you build it, when you're ready, of course. I need to check something for the time being." And I left.

When I arrived I looked at the graffiti rose on the wall. 'Am I meant to be mad that she drew graffiti on the wall?' I climbed up the ladder to see the piano still there. I remember learning a song so I started singing and playing, it kind of suited the situation seeing as I had feelings for Y/N.

(Song above)

(Bold- Levin Italic- you bold & italic- both)

You and I,

We're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky.
With you, I'm alive
Like all the missing pieces of my heart, they finally collide.

So stop time right here in the moonlight,

'Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes.

Without you, I feel broke.
Like I'm half of a whole.
Without you, I've got no hand to hold.
Without you, I feel torn.
Like a sail in a storm.
Without you, I'm just a sad song.
I'm just a sad song.

With you, I fall.
It's like I'm leaving all my past in silhouettes upon the wall.
With you, I'm a beautiful mess.
It's like we're standing hand in hand with all our fears upon the edge.

So stop time right here in the moonlight,
'Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes.

Without you, I feel broke.
Like I'm half of a whole.
Without you, I've got no hand to hold.
Without you, I feel torn.
Like a sail in a storm.
Without you, I'm just a sad song.

You're the perfect melody,
The only harmony
I wanna hear.
You're my favourite part of me,
With you standing next to me,
I've got nothing to fear.

Without you, I feel broke.
Like I'm half of a whole.
Without you, I've got no hand to hold.
Without you, I feel torn.
Like a sail in a storm.
Without you, I'm just a sad song.

Without you, I feel broke.
Like I'm half of a whole.
Without you, I've got no hand to hold.
Without you, I feel torn.
Like a sail in a storm.
Without you, I'm just a sad song.
I'm just a sad song.

Y/N's P.O.V: 

P/N fell asleep on the sofa in the house so I went to play the piano when I heard someone playing it. I quietly climbed up the ladder to find Lord Levin sitting there playing Sad Song. I decided to wait for his part to finish and started singing the harmony part. 

Levin's P.O.V: 

I heard Y/N's voice singing behind me and really, I wanted to cry. But I tried my best not to. Once we finished I stood up and faced her. She had a soft warm smile.

"Why this song in particular? It's a love song, do you have someone you like? " I didn't know how to respond. 'Do I tell her? Come on Levin, just spit it out.' 

"I- I.... like you...Y/N. A lot."