Chapter 14: Magic

Dante's P.O.V: 

His face zoomed back into reality, and he wiped his face, being surprised it was tears? What is wrong with this man? I completely forgot to take notes, but I have a skill (not really) where everything comes back to me when I talk about it. I decided to let him be and report to Levin and Y/N.

"Then he started crying but..."

"But?" Y/N had a blank face that was changing emotion every 2 seconds.

"I don't think he knew he was crying. He thought it was a fly or something, and tried to swat it away but looked at his hand and was- or at least looked- really surprised."

Y/N and Levin were recapping what I just said,

"Wait, wait- my first kiss... was Levin... he kissed *starts getting angry* another GIRL?!?!? I LOVED HIM AND WOULD ASK FOR HIM EVERY NIGHT I WAS AWAY!!! WHEN I CAME BACK HE BECAME A MASSIVE JERK THAT TRIED TO CHANGE WHO I WAS SO I BROKE UP WITH HIM! THAT WAS LESS THAN A MONTH AGO AD HE WAS CHEATING ON ME THE WHOLE TIME!?!!?!?" I couldn't say anything about that, I got Nicole pregnant then married Kawaii~Chan and had a child with her.

"Y/N, I understand how you feel, I've been through the same thing... only worse." Y/N is going to meet Nicole and Dmitri at one point anyway so she may as well know what happened to avoid and awkward conversations or worse. "I'm... *sigh* I'm sorry, this is the only thing I've done with 'love' so.... my emotions are everywhere." She looked at me, "I'm sorry about.... whatever happened to you, although, if you don't mind me asking.... aren't you married to Kawaii~Chan?" I froze for a second, how many times have I told this story? oh well...

"Basically... do you know Nicole Von Rosenberg? The lord of Scaleswind?"

"Yeah, although I've never met her in person, I know of her,"

"Well, she is from Scaleswind but she came to Phoenix Drop a little over 15 years ago, at that time Aphmau was lord. When she... disappeared with everyone else, I waited here. Slowly, everyone started to leave Phoenix Drop as no one was really leading the village. Nicole stayed with me and we became close.... very close, but then her father, the lord of Scaleswind at the time, came to take her back as they were at war with another village. I was dating Nicole at the time and Kawaii~Chan admitted feelings for me, but left us alone. When Nicole left, she became the light Nicole left and...."

"You married her and had Nekoette together?"

"Yes but... I also had a son... with Nicole, so she avoided me for 6 years until Nicole went to Scaleswind and saw them. When they were going to come back, Dmitri, my son, snuck aboard the ship and came back here, when Nicole came to take him back.... it collided." I never felt so.... depressed thinking about what happened.

"Dante.. I'm... so sorry, you didn't have to tell me that if you didn't want to." She blinked slowly

"No, it's fine, it's just... hard to explain it to someone I barely know... please don't take that as an offence."

Y/N's P.O.V:

I... don't.... even.

"No, I won't."

"Dante I suggest you go back on patrol." I almost forgot Levin is lord...

Dante left and Levin came up and sat at the edge of the bed.

"How are you feeling? I have to go on patrol soon, but Zoey will come up and check on you." He was a caring man, "I'm fine, getting better but my head still hurts from time to time."

"That's fine, just be safe,"

"I will, bye." He kissed me on the forehead then left downstairs. I just looked at the ceiling and wondered into my own mind. (who can relate?)

I was interrupted by footsteps coming up the stairs. Zoey came in the door,

"Hi Y/N, are you feeling better?"

"Not 100% but better than a couple days ago,"

"Good! here, drink this, it should help. Doesn't taste the best bet what medicine does?"

"No one knows..... although couldn't you use magic to make your medicine taste better?" my head started throbbing when I said 'magic'.

"I could've, I didn't have th-.... are you okay Y/N? you look like you're in pain..."

"My head.... started.. throbbing when I said 'magic'." That only made my head throb harder. What is it with magic?