Chapter 10: Brotherly Love

Y/N's P.O.V:

"I have to go." I ran back to his house.

"WAIT!" I heard him chase after me but I couldn't turn around, I know I'm faster than him.

My vision became blurry and I couldn't see through the tears, I was sobbing uncontrollably. I ran into Levin's house, past Malachi in the living room, who stood up and asked me if I was okay, and I shoved all my things into my backpack and dodged my way around Levin again and ran back out. I escaped the same way I came- jumped into a tree and ran as far as I could, desperately trying to keep my voice down. I continued running but I couldn't stop thinking,
'I don't want Phoenix Drop to turn into a war zone because of me, I don't want what happened to Levin 16 years ago to happen again.'  'This is all my fault, this is my fault...'
I so desperately wanted to turn around and tell Levin, 'I'm sorry, I love you." 

I continued jumping and running, almost missing the trees and continuously getting scratched and scared by branches. I thought I was a long-distance away, then my body gave out and I jumped down, crying uncontrollably. Moments later, I suddenly felt someone wrap their arms around me, and I knew who it was. 

Levin. 

I could hear his heavy breathing, did he run the whole way here? 

"Y/N, calm down. No one is going to hurt you, I will protect you, I won't let anyone hurt you. Never do that again... I'm not going to let you go, I thought I was going to lose you..." His voice trailed off, I could hear his tears. 

"Levin, I'm sorry, I don't want to turn Phoenix Drop into a war zone because of me. Those guards are from V/N, my village, my father must have sent them after me. I'd better leave, I don't want you to worry about me, or have to run aft-" Levin eagerly covered my lips with his own.

 I'd better leave, I don't want you to worry about me, or have to run aft-" Levin eagerly covered my lips with his own

"Y/N, I wouldn't be able to live if you leave. I'd spend the rest of my days worrying, thinking of you more than I already do. Stay, I will protect you." I looked at him through my tears, his gentle fingers wiping them away. I leaned into him and kissed him, my hands gripping onto his shirt. He kissed me as well, and we sat together, kissing in between tree. 

However, it didn't go unseen. Someone saw us. 

Once we arrived back at Phoenix Drop, the guards were gone. Levin told me to head back while he talked to Dante. Back at his house, Malachi jumped up from the couch when I entered the room. 

"Y/N are you okay!?" he was a caring man.

"I'm fine, I just...got caught up in my emotions." I looked at him.

"About that.... can I ask....what's your relationship with Levin?" I was kind of shocked, he didn't know I was dating his brother?

"We're dating, didn't Levin tell you?"

"No, I- I think h-he hates me... I was teasing him because he was blushing every time we brought up you. I kept on asking him if he likes you and he was getting annoyed. I can... understand why he didn't want to tell me." His expression fell.

"I'm sure he'll understand, he's your brother." I put my hand on his shoulder. 

"I don't think he wants to talk to me... I've been a bad person towards him recently, teasing and, nagging him to ask you the question." I could see the regret in his eyes. I hugged him tightly.

"It's okay, I'll talk to him." I felt him hug me back. We separated and he wiped a tear away. I slowly made my way to the gate to find Levin, Malachi came up behind me and decided to join me. 

Malachi's P.O.V:

She's so nice, I wish I could've gotten to know her better before, maybe I would've had a chance to take for myself. Ah man too bad I guess, I'll lay off my brother's girlfriend. Before I realize we've arrived at the gates. He saw us coming and he smiled at Y/N, then it faded into his normal face. 

"Hey Levin," she smiled at him, "I was talking with Malachi, why didn't you tell him we're dating?" 

His eyes widened and he looked at me. I opened my mouth, then closed it again, taking a step back and looking away. 

"Malachi... I'm not mad..." Levin walked towards me and hugged me tightly. Tears threatened to fall as I hugged him back. This isn't the first time we've argued like this, though it's the first time in a long time he's hugged me.

"I'm not mad, even though you love teasing me and annoying me to pieces, don't think I don't want you as my brother, you've always kept an eye out for me and something small like that isn't going to change anything, I swear."

Levin's P.O.V:

I hugged Malachi and he hugged me back. I didn't want him to think I didn't want him to be my brother. 

I ruffled his hair and wiped his tears away with my hands. I started crying as well. 

"Don't ever think that one small thing is going to separate us, as friends or brothers." I wiped his tears away before they fell and ruffled his hair, fully knowing he doesn't like me doing that. 

"Levin, you're the best brother I could ever ask for. I'm sorry I teased you, I haven't found my girl yet and, I was jealous. Y/N is a really nice girl. I was talking with her and- never mind, you'd better go, mum wanted you to keep her busy and- DON'T LET HER SEE THE PARTY!!

"Oh shoot! I forgot!! Bye Malachi," I left him and started think of other ways to distract her until tonight.

???? P.O.V: 

"There you are Y/N. You ran away from my guards but you can't run from me. I'm going to make that boy pay for putting his lips on you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~