Chapter Twelve: Answers

First off, Happy (early) Thanksgiving!! This chapters a little bit gruesome and possibly surprising lol I enjoyed writing it, though. Not that I'm a psychopath or anything, just the whole explanation process. It really helps me 👏 But the next chapter is going to go really fast then the chapter after that is completely nothing but Sasusaku ness 💜😊and I'm so very sorry, but I didn't get a chance to edit this one or the next so excuse the errors lol I'm in the process of writing both my chapters and my short story, along with my Attack on Titan story and another SasuSaku fanfic! I'm aiming for all to be out sometime in January!! 😜 But without anymore rambling, here's my next chapter!!

Thanks for the comments, votes, and follows! They inspire me 😊

~Kei-chan 😘❤

Chapter Twelve:

Answers

Jolly was taking shots of whiskey every few seconds as Kakashi and I took in our surroundings. The cabin was still the same with the depot station across the street and the chairlifts behind it. The room was warm and invigorating. A chair was setting in front of Jolly.

"Don't worry," Jolly mumbled, looking into his empty cup. "No ones around to hurt you. They all baled once they realized you all had figured us out and got free from our chambers."

"Where'd they all go?"Kakashi questioned.

"Who the hell knows?" He rolled his eyes. "Probably somewhere warmer than this shit hole."

The room was eerily quiet as Jolly finished off his bottle and started to toss the cup back and forth in his hands.

"Lemme guess," He slurred. "You want answers, right? The who, what, when, and where type? Right?"

"It would be nice," Kakashi smiled. "Better than beating it outta you."

"Haha," Jolly laughed. "Well, take a seat then. You, too, little lady. There's a seat in front of the fire place with your name on it."

Kakashi nodded and I slowly made my way to cozy chair. I could hear Kakashi's creak as he sat down in it.

"I grew up here, ya know? My whole life has been spent here," Jolly pointed down on the table. "I grew up in a city that basically thrived off of its Medics. Everyone in school was influenced to become one just like their parents were before them. I wanted to be a medic, but never scored high enough on the bar exam," He smiled, sheepishly. "So I succumbed to becoming a police officer. I never once gave thought to the idea of becoming chief of police, but on one fateful day I did. I was thirty four years old and terrified. What was I? This young guy from the downpours gonna do for this community?" Jolly put out his hands, palms up. "That's when I came to the conclusion of protecting it and keeping it from never going under like all these other towns, cities, and villages around us. That was my duty and my men's."

He stopped and took a deep breath. Rubbing both sides of his head, Jolly stared straight ahead.

"Once you make that kinda promise to a whole city full of people you just can't back out of it," He sighed. "So when I heard rumors of the Royals going to sell out our hospitals to the Fire Nation, I had to do something. I knew that if we lost our hospitals then everything would crumble right behind it," Jolly twirled the cup. "First they take our hospitals then our schools and before you know it: our city."

"Then what?" Naruto asked, his figuring making its way up the steps. "That's when you decided to go psycho on innocent people?"

"No," Jolly laughed. "And in all honesty, it was never meant to be that way."

Naruto, as well as Sai and Sasuke, made their way into the room. My heartbeat finally began to slow as I saw Sasuke was safe. He glanced in my direction then immediately came to take the seat next to me.