Chapter Seveteen: The Truth

Super duper sorry it was late being posted. You can thank the ice storm that came through and knocked out my Internet plus my electricity!! 😠😤

But, continuing . . .

Where do I start? Thank you to all of the fans of this story and to all of those who voted and commented. Without you I probably would of shied out of posting this story. Because of you all I will be continuing to post stories! 😊

It makes me sad to end this story, but then I remember it is still not finished! Watch out for part two entitled Recollection II: Blackout! And also my new one shot, The Star: A Family Tradition. You all will enjoy both, I just know it! 😃

See you all again soon, very very very soon!!! 😜😘

~Kei-chan 🎀💜💋

Chapter Seventeen:
The Truth

"If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try."
-Seth Godin

I have to tell him, I argued with myself. You can't Sasuke from your dad forever. You're such a loser. Just tell him already!
"Dad!" I blurted out.
We were setting at the kitchen table eating breakfast before dad and I both had to go to work. Dad was staring at me like I was crazy or something, with a mouth full of food.
"Yes, dear?" I asked, eyebrows lifted. "Is something wrong?"
"No," I said, quickly. "Um, nothing is wrong. It's just, well, I need to talk to you about something very important."
"What's that?" He smiled, his eyes squenching up.
"Uh," I started. "Well, I just . . . "I was chickening out. "I just really miss mom." Yep, I chickened out. Sasuke's going to be upset with me.
"I miss her, too, sweetheart," His kind smile spread across his strong face. "But all we can do now is honor her, do you understand?"
"Yes, sir," I nodded, pushing my food around in the bowl. "I do."
"Good," Dad rose from his seat and put his dishes in the sink. "I miss your mom an awful lot, Sakura, but you know what?"
"What?" I raised my eyebrows.
"I always have a piece of her," He began washing his dishes. "In you. You have her cheeks and ears, even her hands. Especially the way you talk with your hands," He laughed. "And the way you stomp your foot when get angry."
"Dad," I laughed. "Stop it."
"But sadly," Dad stretched at his arms high above his head. "I must be getting to work."
"Dad," I sighed, as he walked over to the doorway and began putting his shoes on. "We do need to have a serious talk sometime soon, though."
"Alright," He smiled. "How about tomorrow we go out for lunch? I work until eleven tonight."
"That'll work," I smiled and got up to give him a hug. "Have a good day, daddy. I love you."
"I love you, too, princess," He hugged me back. "You have a good day, too."
"Bye." I said, shutting the door behind him.
I leaned against the door and took a deep breath. It's been two weeks and I still haven't told him! I gotta tell him. I just have to. I made my way back over to the table and began to clean up the mess when there was a knock at the door.
"Coming!" I yelled, turning the facet off.
I picked up the basket full of clean towels on my way to the door and set a couple of medical files for work from the hall table on top of the basket.
"Yeah?" I answered the door expected the mailman to sign for a package, but instead was greeted by Sasuke. "Oh, hey!" I smiled, and kissed his cheek. "Come on in."
He stepped inside and closed the door behind him as I walked back inside the living room. Taking a seat on the couch, Sasuke slid in beside of me.
"So, what's up?" I asked, setting the files beside of me and started folding towels.
"Just thought I'd walk you to work," Sasuke said, picking up the files. "What are these?"
"Some of my patient's files," I smiled, continuing to fold the towels. "And how sweet of you, dear."
"Uh huh," Sasuke grunted. "You didn't tell your dad, did you?"
"No," I sighed, knowing I had disappointed him again. "But I'm going to, trust me. I can't hide anymore."
"Hide what?" Sasuke asked. "Me?"
"Yes," I nodded. "I know it sounds bad, but yes. It's not like I want to, though. I would have you with me every second of every day, but I can't because life forces me to share you."
"You need to tell him, Sakura," Sasuke poked my forehead. "I want to be properly introduced to your father . . . as your boyfriend."
"I know," I leaned against him. "And I want you to, okay? I'm telling him tomorrow, no matter what it takes. I promise."
"You really promise this time?" He asked, pulling me up by my chin.
"I really promise you this time," I looked into his dark embers. "I'm tired of sneaking around."
"Me, too," He kissed me, pressing his lips firmly against mine. "What time do you need to be at work?"
"In like an hour," I laughed, as he pulled me on top of him. "I have to finish the dishes an towels, too."
"I'll do them for you," He kissed my neck. "After work, I promise."
"Fine," I groaned, as I pulled his thick hair. "Just ten minute, no more. I can't come up with another excuse this week, alright?"
"Hn," His arms wrapped tightly around me. "Can't promise that, babe."
He lowered us to the floor and hovered over me. He looked at me for a moment then leaned down and pressed his lips against my forehead. I felt butterflies flutter through my stomach and I closed my eyes. Don't ever stop kissing me, Sasuke, I thought as he kissed my cheeks. Promise?