Chapter Thirteen: The Wrap Up

Hahahaha, gotcha!! You thought that last chapter was it for the week?? Nah, brah, I gotchu! 😜 This is my early Thanksgiving day present for you guys! Even though you don't normally give out present for Thanksgiving, who cares!! It's for a good reason and plus I'm pretty charitable 😊

It's short, but meaningful! Pay close attention to details! It'll give you hints about the future chapters *wink 😉 wink* Hope you enjoy and have a fantastic Thanksgiving, my lovelies!!

~Kei-chan 💜💋🎀

Chapter Thirteen:

The Wrap Up

"Are you alright?" I asked Bukio for probably the thousandth time.

"Yes," She laughed. "Just a little tired. I wish the royal police would hurry up and get done here so we can leave. I would like a shower and a hot meal."

"Same here," Naruto agreed. "I would actually prefer some warmer weather while we're at it."

"Now that sounds nice," Kakashi laughed.

We were all setting in a room right outside of the welcome center. Bukio said it was a storage closest, but it was either this or setting outside of the police station for hours on end until the royal police finished inspecting things and taking forensic evidence.

"Some make shift interrogation room," Sai commented. "I'm tired of looking at these walls."

"I wonder if they took Jolly's body away?" I asked, checking Bukio's temperature again.

"Probably not," Kakashi answered. "They usually won't for a day or so."

"It's been at least three hours since anybody has been in here to see us," I complained. "How long does it take for them to get an interviewer?"

That's when the doorknob rattled and opened to an older, balding man wearing the black royal police uniform.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting so long," He smiled. "My name is Kurine Sota, chief of the military police. If you would please follow me."

We did as he said and followed him through the cautioned off streets of the vacant city. Military police surrounded us all and around and the few civilians on the sidewalks were interrogating them.

"What's going on?" One woman asked. "My husband is a member of the police, where is he at?"

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but I can't help you right now," The man replied, ushering the growing crowd back. "Just please go back to your homes. Everything is fine!"

"Why are you here!?" Someone yelled.

"Are you here to sell out more of our land?"

"More of our businesses!?

"No," He answered. "We're here to help you. I assure you all of that!"

"Yeah, whatever."

"Just take yourself back where you belong."

"In hell!"

"Now that's enough!" He yelled. "Go home or I will have to use force!"

I didn't here the rest of the conversation after that. We were ushered into a nearby store and given food. Sasuke had been strangely quiet throughout the entire time. In fact, he hasn't even looked at me since when he first arrived in the lodge.

I glance over at him. He was taking a drink of his tea, staring out of the window, setting across the room from us. I made my way over to him and sat down on the couch. I was trying to figure if he was looking at the billboard across the street from us or the crying wife setting on the bench next to it when he looked at me. His eyes were tired and his cheeks were paler than usual.