Chapter 1

Kol.

I walked down the dark road with narrowed eyes. My siblings were just so... infuriating! It was ridiculous - Elijah, Rebekah and Klaus always decided to team up on the middle child - which just happened to be me. 

Finn, who would normally save me from being the one attacked, was currently in Italy or France.. that sort of area. Our family wasn't particularly close unless it was to go after someone which always 'happened' to be me.

I felt myself getting angrier by the second. Elijah claimed to be the noble sibling yet when he sees his youngest brother being hurt he simply stands there - says I deserve it. I noticed a girl stood by a car on the side of the road just up ahead and a smirk grew on my face.

I vamp-sped towards the girl as she leaned against the empty car, typing something on her phone. She glanced up at the whoosh of air and she gasped slightly, jumping a little before laughing. "You scared me!" She exclaimed, locking her phone and turning to me, a smile playing on her lips.

"You won't scream." I compelled her and her eyes got wide as she realised she couldn't open her mouth to scream anymore. I felt my fangs grow as I leaned into the girl, digging my teeth into her neck, pressing her up against the car, feeling her scratch at my back at kick as hard as she could as an attempt to escape.

I pulled away from her neck after feeling her go limp in my arms. I shrugged slightly and dropped her on the ground, taking a napkin from my coat's pocket and wiping across my mouth and chin, removing the blood.

I licked my lips at the euphoric feeling of her blood, looking around for any other people. I smirked to myself as I heard faint music being played in the distance. I ran towards the music and stopped just beside a house with loud music playing from inside with a range of bright lights flashing out of the windows from inside the house.

I stepped past the people lying passed out on the grass and walked up to the front door, knocking loudly. I stood for a moment before the door was opened. The girl who answered the door was rather attractive, but drunk off of her mind and I could already tell she wouldn't taste the best. "Come in!" She yelled out.

I fake smiled at her and stepped into the house, sliding through the crowd of dancing people, feeling multiple hands on my body as I did so. I stood near the back wall, looking over the crowd, looking for a snack.

I ran my hand through my hair as I examined the people. I noticed a small group of people in the corner and raised my eyebrow, liking the fact they were secluded. I looked over them, seeing three girls and two boys. This was a college party of some sort. They all looked around twenty.

I looked over the three girls seeing a blond and two brunettes. Well - I was more into brunettes myself. I looked across the room at the other two girls, seeing one had her hair loose and the other had her hair in braids.

I ran my tongue over my bottom lip before deciding I would go for the one with the braids. I slid across the crowd, towards the small group. I cleared my throat and the two boys looked up and the girls all turned to me. 

I smiled as politely as I could, trying to act as if I didn't want to tear out any of their throats. The blond girl looked at me, seductiveness playing in her eyes and the brunette with loose hair smiled politely. Both the guys went back to chatting about something and my eyes landed on the girl I had chosen. She smiled at me, confusion dancing in her eyes.

"Would you like to dance?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the girl. She furrowed her brow at me and pointed to herself. I nodded with a laugh and her mouth opened slightly. Had she not been asked to dance before?