Chapter 4

Kol.

"Brother! We thought that you'd run off!" Rebekah's voice called loudly as I entered the house, slamming the door behind me. After I had sent... whatever her name was off I was still hungry so I decided to go back into the party and grab her blond friend, simply drinking her. I did not kill her however, after hearing yells close by I had run off.

Rebekah appeared in front of me, blocking the way to my room, and stared at me, obviously examining the remaining blood still staining my face. She gave me a confused look. I had told her I was going to attempt to stop my ripper days and she obviously had hope that I would.

I looked at her, upset at the disappointment in her eyes as she realised what I had done. I cleared my throat quickly and pushed past my sister, storming up to my room and ignoring her calls of my name.

As I entered my room I walked straight to my en suite and stared at myself in the bathroom mirror. I gulped slightly as I raised my hands up to my face, feeling the dry blood. The blood was smeared across my shirt and face. I quickly grabbed a washcloth from the side of the sink and washed the blood from my face.

I rested my palms on the edges of the sink and leaned over it slightly. I breathed heavily before pulling off my blood-stained white shirt and throwing it to the ground. I growled to myself. I didn't want to be emotionless anymore but I didn't want to show emotion.

I ran my hands through my hair, tugging in frustration. I dropped my hands from my hair, running them along my face before sighing out loudly. I walked back to my room and flopped onto the bed, closing my eyes.

__________________________

Ariana.

"Caroline!" I whined as she walked with a skip in her step in front of me. She was going to introduce me to her friends today and was much more... how do I say it without being rude? ... energetic since the last time I had seen her.

"Hurry up, lazy!" She laughed out, looking at me for a second. Caroline stopped and placed her hands on her hips, giving me a look and I laughed with a nod. She smiled brightly at me before dipping into a building. I sighed out and glanced up at the building, reading the sign.

"The Mystic Grill.." I muttered to myself, placing my hands on my hips thoughtfully as I glanced up at the glowing sign. I shrugged and opened the door to the -what I assume is a- bar and looked around. 

The energy in the bar was certainly bubbly. There was a pool table and a few antique arcade games one way and a bar another. There were lots of tables scattered around the building and I squinted my eyes slightly, looking around for my blond cousin.

"There she is!" Speak of the devil... I smiled brightly as an attempt readying myself for meeting Caroline's friends. She was a bit of a handful at times and I wanted to know how they handled her. "Ariana!"

I spun around and my eyes landed on Caroline, along with a large group of both boys and girls. I hadn't seen Caroline since we were around six or seven, when she though boys were icky so it was kind of a shocker to see most of her group were boys. "Hi."

I raised my hand in a wave as I walked to the table, glancing over the group. There were two other girls and three boys looking back at me. Caroling slid into the booth more and I sat down beside her, looking over the group.

The brown haired girl and the boy with hero-looking hair were sitting close, his arm around her. The other girl was sitting in between two other boys, one with black hair and the other with dark brown, resembling the first girl.

"Guys, this is Ariana." I waved once again as Caroline motioned to me. "Ariana this is Elena," The first girl. "Stefan.." Hero hair. "Bonnie.." The other girl. "Jeremy.." Brown haired boy. "And Tyler!" Black hair. "I'm so glad you guys finally met!" Caroline squealed slightly as the all either said hi, hello or waved at me.

"Hey guys, nice to meet you all." I smiled politely at the group and silently thanked myself for dressing relatively nicely after seeing how they were dressed. I was wearing a crop-top style hoodie and high-waisted sparkly shorts along with my white converse. 

"It's really nice to meet you too!" ... Elena! spoke and I smiled at her as she leaned towards me a little, moving away from who I assume was her boyfriend. "Welcome to Mystic Falls! Seen any guys you've got your eye on?" She winked to me and I just laughed as another boy appeared by our table.

"Oh!" Caroline exclaimed and I looked to her. "Ariana, this is Matt." She said, pointing to the waiter that now stood at our table. "and Matt, this is my cousin Ariana!" She added and I held my hand out, shaking the boys hand slightly.

"Nice to meet you," He smiled politely at me before picking up the few glasses on the table.

"You too!" I called as he walked away and he smiled over his shoulder at me. "Is there anyone else I need to know about?" I spoke with a laugh as I looked back to Caroline who tapped her chin slightly.

"Mmm, there's Damon - Stefan's brother, but I don't really like him." She shrugged and I laughed lightly. "Elena and Stefan are dating, Jeremy and Elena are.. siblings." She paused slightly, looking to Elena before back to me and continuing. "And I'm dating Tyler." She motioned to the black haired boy.

I smiled again but pouted on the inside. he was cute. "And to answer your earlier question, Elena, no." She looked to me with questioning eyes. "The only boys I've seen here are you guys and my dad." Jeremy snorted as I spoke and I smiled to him, happy I was amusing him.

"Are you saying I'm not pretty, Ariana?" Stefan spoke, moving his arm from behind Elena as he placed his hand over his heard. "That really hurts me, you know? I try so hard to be beautiful." He spoke, wiping a fake tear.

"I can tell." I spoke and he looked to me, a small smile on his face. "Your hair looks like it takes at least an hour in the morning. You look like some shit superhero. No offence." I spoke with a shrug.

"Told you." I looked behind me and my eyes landed on a tall guy with black hair and bright blue eyes. "Damon Salvatore, Stefan's extremely attractive big brother." He winked to me and I just laughed. I could tell why Caroline didn't like him. "And who might you be?"

I looked back into his gorgeous eyes (like damnnn) as he spoke. "Hey," I spoke and held out my hand. He shook it and looked behind me before looking at me again. "I'm Ariana! Caroline's extremely attractive cousin! Nice to meet y-" I cut off my terrible impression of Damon when I noticed who came through the door.

My eyes landed on the two men and my breath caught in my throat as all the memories rushed back to my head. I heard my heart pound in my ears and my neck began to feel warm, my fingers digging into the booth I was sitting. He looked to me suddenly and his smirk fell.

It was him.

_____________________________

oh damn!

be more vague pls, ariana?

who was it?

ex boyf? kol? your dad? ;)