Chapter 2

Kol.

Ariana and I had been dancing for a while now and I was beginning to become bored.. and peckish. "How about we get out of here?" I whispered into her ear and she looked up at me, contemplating my offer.

"I said I wasn't that type of girl.." She reminded me.

"I didn't mean for that." I spoke truthfully and she gave me a questioning look. God, why did she have to be so difficult? "I meant to.. walk or something. Just get out of this.. place." I lied and she looked at me for a few seconds, tapping her fingers against her leg thoughtfully.

"Okay.." She spoke after a few seconds of hesitation. I smiled and reached out for her hand when she pulled it back from me. I looked at her. "I have to tell my friends i'm leaving, they'll get worried." She shrugged at me before walking back in the direction where I had taken her from - where her friends were.

Oh for God's sake. Her friends now know that I was leaving with her and i'll get some shit drawing on the news asking if anyone has seen me. It's not trouble as such - it's just irritating having to compel people to think that it wasn't me.

Ariana stood in front of me again and smiled at me. I smiled back, excited I was finally going to feed. I took her wrist and lead her through the crowd and outside. "It's nice tonight.." She spoke after a minute or so of silent walking.

I nodded, my excitement growing as we got further and further from the house and civilization. "Tell me about yourself." I spoke after hearing her sigh out at my lack of conversation. I looked to her for a second to see she was looking at the ground.

"Mmm, my favourite colour is blue, I love dogs... my parents are divorced so I'm going to move somewhere else for the summer which sucks," I glanced to her as she said this. "My mom is keeping the house here so dad and I are going to live with my aunt and her daughter, I have to change colleges and everything, kinda sucks." She shrugged.

I nodded at this and turned forwards again, breathing out and seeing the slight imprint of my breath on the cold air. "What about you?" Her voice broke me out of the trance and I looked to the smaller girl. "What have you got going on in your life?" She asked curiously.

"Uhh," I debated whether or not to tell her the truth. I mean, she was about to die so why not? "Well both my parents are dead," She gasped slightly at this and I just laughed lightly. "It's been a while - I'm over it." She nodded silently and looked at me, motioning for me to continue with my story. "My siblings have some sort of hatred for me, middle child thing." I added and looked to her to see her nod.

"I don't have any siblings." She added.

"Lucky you." I laughed dryly. I hated mine, they have this stupid Always and Forever pact that I was unaware of until recently. "Anyway.." I hummed, trying to think of other things to say. "I'm twenty one... you?" I asked. I mean, one thousand and twenty-ish, but who is counting? (I dont actually know how old kol was when he turned :/)

"Nineteen." She spoke with a shrug. "Just got into a college I've always wanted to go to and now I have to leave and go to another." She spoke, swinging her arms slightly as she did so. "What do you do?" She asked curiously and I looked to her. I didn't do anything.

"It's a family business. When my parents died my siblings and I all inherited it, along with the money. It was popular back home, you probably won't know it." I told her and she glanced to me. "I'm from England - it's mostly popular in the UK area, sorta in Europe." I lied.

"That's cool." She smiled brightly at me. "My mom is a popular travel agent and my dad is a pilot. I get to go to Europe quite a lot." She added and I nodded, thinking she would figure out I was lying.

"Maybe I could show it to you." I spoke before she could and she glanced to me, a smile playing on her lips.

"Maybe so." She looked forward again and I still stared at her, my eyes landing on her neck, a vein beating slightly. "Are you alright?" She asked as I had stopped walking, lusting for her blood. She walked back to me and I looked back to her neck. "Kol?"

"Don't scream." I quickly compelled her and she looked at me with confused eyes. I grabbed her arms and pulled her into the woods with me. I heard her heartbeat increase as I ran at full speed with her. "Finally." I whispered as I stopped and hit her back against a tree.

She let out a slight gasp of pain as I ran my hand up the side of her face and through her hair. "It's a shame really." I spoke softly as she breathed heavily, staring at me as I felt my vampire face emerge. "You're a pretty little thing." I felt my fangs grow out and I moved my face to her neck, pushing her hair from her shoulder. "Oh well."

As I said this I pressed my mouth to her shoulder, kissing it lightly before digging my fangs in and almost moaning as her euphoric blood entered my mouth. My grip tightened on her arms as she scratched at my back, trying to pry me off of her.

"Please stop.." She whispered quietly and I pulled back from her. She had spoken..

I looked over her terrified face, seeing her breathing slowly, moving her arms from around me and moving to her neck, holding her hand against it. "Please don't do that." She spoke calmly and I stared at her. She had been the first person since I had woken up who spoke during my attack.

A smiled grew on my face as I watched her stumble slightly at her loss of blood. I shrugged and bit my wrist, holding it to her. She turned her head away from me but I just pulled her chin back, pushing my wrist into her mouth.

When I was sure that she had enough to heal I moved my wrist back, smirking down at the trembling girl beneath me. I lifted my slightly bloody hands to her chin, lifting it so she would look at me.

I noticed panic flash through her eyes and I couldn't help but smirk at this. "You will know of my existence. You will remember everything and feel everything that happened but you will only be able to talk to me about it. You must stay silent around others about our little secret." I winked at her slightly as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Now." I looked back into her eyes. "You will go home, your dorm or wherever you live. You will clean up. If anyone asks you helped someone out who had cut themselves on glass. Now go." I spoke and she nodded, walking off in the other direction, still holding her neck.

"Goodbye, Ariana."

__________________________

kol!

that was rude :(