Chapter 3

Ariana.

I breathed heavily as I walked back towards my house. What the hell just happened?! I wanted to scream, to run anything but I couldn't. I ran my fingers over my neck once more, no longer feeling dents in it.

I let out a shaky breath as I opened my front door and stepped inside. "Ariana?!" I heard my mother's voice yell through the house and I lowered my head and started to walk upstairs when I heard her voice behind me. "Ariana- What happened?!" She gasped.

She then rushed up the few stairs I had made and placed her hands on my face, tilting my head slightly as she looked at my bloody neck, examining it for cuts. "I'm fine mom." Why did I just say that?! I had just been attacked! I wasn't fine. "Someone hurt their head at the party. I had to help them stand and wait for the ambulance." Why am I saying all this?!

"Oh.." She calmed down and removed her hands from my face. I looked at her with a frown. She was the reason I had to move away from my hometown. She had cheated on my Dad with someone at her work and Dad didn't want to stay with her, which I totally understand.

"Bye, mom." Before I could turn from her and go up to my room she had latched her hand onto my wrist.

"Please don't be upset." She spoke softly.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Are you serious right now?" I snapped and she blinked, obviously taken back by my sudden rage. "You cheated on dad!" She cringed at this and looked away. "You broke the two of you up. You're making me move schools and towns. I can't be with my friends anymore!" I yelled at her.

She flinched before looking back at me. "Honey, you know I want you to stay here! It's just-"

"Work is more important." I cut her off and she looked down again. "more important that your daughter - your only child." I snarled at her. "Well even if you did allow me to stay there is no way I would. I don't want you anywhere near me."

Before she could speak again I had yanked my wrist from her grip and stormed upstairs, slamming the door behind me. How could she do this! We were a happy family! Everyone was friends in this neighbourhood and once they found out about my mom's scandal they all treated me and dad differently.

I flopped down onto my bed and let the tears well up in my eyes. Dad and I were leaving for my aunt and cousin's town tomorrow and tonight was my last night here... but he ruined it. What was he? Why couldn't I tell my mother about what he had done to me.

Suddenly remembering the blood on my neck, I stood up from the bed and walked into my en suite. I turned the light on and looked at myself in the mirror. Blood was all across my neck and my jawline. It had run down my arm slightly and had stained my top as well as my white shoes.

I sighed and picked out a cloth from beside the sink, drenching it in warm water before holding it up to my neck and washing away the dry blood.

_______________________________

I watched as my dad lifted my last suitcase into the trunk of his car. I let out a sigh and ran my fingers up my arm, shivering slightly. This would be my last time here - unless I forgave mom which I don't see myself doing in the near future.

"Ready to go, buttercup?" My dad asked softly and I sighed, nodding as I smiled lightly at the nickname from my childhood. "Alright." He walked to me, squeezed me into a one-armed hug before letting me walk to the car. I told my friends I wasn't leaving until later because I knew that I would cry if they came to see me off.

I glanced back to my parents to see my mom stood at the front door, a grimace on her face as she watched me. My dad walked up beside her and she glanced at him, opening her mouth to say something.

"Goodbye, Linda." He spoke and she shut her mouth. "I do want to allow you to see Ariana but unless she says she wants you to see her I do not want to see you anywhere near her." I slipped into the car at his words, not wanting to hear anymore of their argument.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and looked at my 'squad's' groupchat, looking over all the messages seeing them all talking about how they were sad to see me go but were going to come round an hour before I had told them I was leaving so we could spend more time together.

My dad then slid into the drivers seat beside me and I quickly wiped away my tears. "Hey. I know you didn't want your friends to come here.. are you sure you don't want to go to their houses before we leave?" I shook my head at his words, not trusting my voice, and he sighed, nodding slightly and starting the car.

As we drove past the familiar houses of my childhood neighbourhood I became nostalgic, remembering how all of the kids would play together - there would be no serious arguments or hatred. I remembered the day I had met Malia, my closest friend. I was playing with my dog outside and she came over and began to tell me how cute he was.

I smiled and felt a warm tear roll down my cheek. The radio hummed a song softly and I unlocked my phone again, clicking on my groupchat and letting out a sigh, beginning to type out my message to them.

hey guys. im sorry in advance. ive left. im really sorry i didnt say a proper goodbye to any of you i just couldnt handle it. i wish i could stay and i really hope we all still stay friends. i want to skype all of you at least twice a month, i know most of you are busy with college now and i respect that. please dont be sad that im gone. i love and miss you all already :)

I felt my dad rest his hand on my shoulder heavily as he noticed I was crying. I smiled to him and felt him move his hand away from me so he could continue driving. I let out a soft sigh and turned my phone off, not wanting to see the messages they had sent me. I closed my eyes and felt myself fall into a deep sleep.

__________________________

"Ariana." I felt someone shake my shoulder and I groaned, hitting the person lightly as I tried to sleep again. "C'mon buttercup, we're almost there." My dad's voice echoed in my head for a second and I stretched my arms out, looking at the town in front of us.

I examined the groups of people hanging around the place. I was both worried and excited for this new town. I would meet new people, get new opportunities, leave my old life behind... but at the same time.. what if I met no new people, had no new opportunities? I had left my friends, my home, my life behind.

I heard my heartbeat thumping loudly in my ears and I bit my lips. Nervous habit. I lowered my legs from my fetal position on the chair and stretched my ankles slightly. I let out a sigh of relief at the crack that sounded as I twisted my ankle in a circle.

"Weirdo." My dad spoke from beside me and I laughed softly.

Dad and I always had a more joke-y relationship than mom and I did. She was always sort of uptight and nervous about everything whereas my dad was chill and, on the most part, relaxed and prepared about what was happened.

He then pulled up in front of a house and I looked out of the front window, smiling slightly. I hadn't seen my aunt and cousin for a while now. I mean, technically my aunt isn't my aunt anymore as my uncle had died but dad and her were basically siblings anyway.

"Let's go say hi." Dad gripped my knee slightly before exiting the car. I followed closely after him and stood behind and to the side of him as he knocked on the door. The curtains were pulled over the door's window so we could not see inside.

I tapped my foot nervously and the door was suddenly yanked open, revealing my aunt. She smiled brightly and pulled my dad into a hug. I heard a loud squeal from behind her and suddenly I was being pulled into a tight hug. "Caroline!" I squealed back to the blond girl hugging me tightly.

"Welcome to Mystic Falls, Ariana!"

_____________________________

o damn

did any of you expect that?!

lmao probably.