Chapter 6

3rd Person.

"You're seriously not going to tell me what happened?" Caroline asked with a huff as she and Ariana laid on her bed, scrolling through their phones. They had been sitting in almost complete silence, with the occasional laugh or cough, for about half an hour now and Caroline was still pissed at Ariana.

"Caroline." Ariana huffed, locking her phone and sitting up straight so she could look at her cousin. "I want to tell you - I really do.. I just.. cant." Ariana attempted to explain to Caroline as best she could.

She really wanted to tell Caroline about Kol but she just felt this unbelievable urge not to.

"Why not?" Caroline whined out in annoyance. Ariana was about to answer her when the door was suddenly knocked. "Expecting anyone?" Caroline asked already sliding off of her bed. Ariana shook her head in response, falling back into her previous position to continue her internet-stalking.

Ariana hummed in happiness as she scrolled over a picture on Elena's Instagram of her and Stefan - who looked great. She turned her attention to Caroline as she tossed two white boxes onto the bed at her feet. "What?" Ariana asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No idea." Caroline replied.

Ariana moved up to an upright position again, leaning over Caroline to eye the box as she opened it, revealing a beautiful dress and a letter which had 'Caroline Forbes' written on it in pretty, neat cursive. "Tyler?" She asked, glancing to Caroline.

"No idea." Caroline muttered back, running her fingers over the dress carefully before reaching for the letter and opening it up. She read it for a few seconds before scoffing. Ariana leaned over her again to read the letter.

"Please join the Mikaelson Family this evening at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails and celebration?" Ariana read the card out loud before turning to look at Caroline. "Who are the Mikaelsons?" She asked.

"They're.. people that my friends and I don't really like. There's only one sister - Rebekah, watch out for her- complete bitch." Caroline snarled. "Gives us blondes a bad name." She joked, turning the card over.

"Ooooh, who's Klausss?" Ariana teased as she read over the not on the back. "Save me a dance? and Fondly? Ooh Caroline, such a nice boy." Ariana teased again after seeing her cousin blush slightly.

"Trust me - he's not." Caroline rolled her eyes, dropping the letter.

"Oh really? Then why is he sending you cute dresses? Cause he's such an evil guy. Grr," Caroline hit Ariana with a pillow at her words. "No, I'm serious Care, why don't you like this guy? He seems nice enough - although a tad creepy. How does he know your dress size?"

Caroline scoffed, silly Ariana thinking the only thing wrong with Klaus was that he knew Caroline's dress size. That was probably one of the least creepy things he has done. "He's just.. not a nice guy. To my friends at least," Caroline shrugged.

"It's a nice dress though," Ariana nodded, turning her attention back to the dress. It was mostly blue with hints of silver and white in it. "I'm guessing Tyler doesn't know about this guy's... let's say obsession with you?" She asked.

"Oh trust me - he knows." Caroline scoffed. "Klaus and Tyler - mortal enemies, but Klaus has something over Tyler so he kind has to pretend that he likes him." Caroline shrugged and Ariana gave her a weird look.

"God, your friendship group is weird." Ariana laughed.

"Tell me about it." Caroline joined her cousin in laughing. "Anyway, what's in the other box?" Caroline asked, motioning to the identical white box which was sat closer to Ariana than it was to Caroline.

"Mmh, forgot about this one," Ariana shrugged and leaned to the box, resting on her lap and opening the lid, revealing another letter this time having 'Ariana Forbes' written on it in the same neat cursive writing. There was also a dress but it was black and was sheer-looking.

Ariana and Caroline shared a confused look. Ariana had been a here for a whole three days, why was she getting presents from the Mikaelsons?

Ariana hesitantly picked up the letter and opened it, reading over the same message before turning it around. She read over it, her breath catching in her throat. "What?" Caroline asked, snatching the letter from Ariana. "Hope to see you there, darling?" Caroline gave Ariana a weird look before looking back at the letter. "Kol?!" She exclaimed.

The two has a slight stare down, Caroline looking both immensely mad and concerned at the same time whilst Ariana looked confused and slightly worried.

"Why in the hell is Kol Mikaelson of all people sending you letters, Ariana?" Caroline hissed out. She and her friends had heard of all of the Mikaelsons being awake and the fact that Kol now had intentions for her very human cousin worried Caroline.

"I- I don't know.." Ariana muttered.

Internally she was screaming. She screamed at herself to tell Caroline why Kol was sending her letters. He was being a creepy bitch that's why. He had bit her and then made her stay silent about it.. who in the hell does that?!

"Well now we know we're not going." Caroline huffed, crossing her arms over her chest in protest as Ariana nodded in agreement, not wanting to go anywhere near Kol. "Oh what now?" Caroline hissed in annoyance as her phone buzzed.

Ariana watched as Caroline picked up her phone and typed in her password before groaning out in annoyance because of whatever text she had just received. "What?" Ariana asked.

"We have to go." Caroline grumbled out, typing a reply, her fingers moving quickly across the screen of her phone.

"What? Why?" Ariana asked in complete confusion yet again.

"Because Elena is going." Caroline muttered and then realised her cousin didn't understand the predicament. "Elena and Klaus is a no-go." Caroline explained quickly. "I need to go to keep Klaus away from her and you need to come cause Mom is working and there is now way that i'm leaving you here alone." She added.

"Like I said - weird friendship group." Ariana joked again, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Yeah I know - but they've got your back. If anything happens with any of the Mikaelsons just find one of us and we'll sort it out." Caroline told her and Ariana nodded. "Especially Rebekah she's evillll." Caroline joked, instantly lightening the mood as the two girls laughed.